Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Windows Mobile" Vodafone add-on?

• 13-09-2006 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what these add-ons are for?
    Typical VF, no explanation anywhere (that I can find)

Windows Mobile Email 20 Euro Add On €20.00 Add
    Windows Mobile Email 12 Euro Add On

???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Sleipnir wrote:
    Anyone know what these add-ons are for?
    Typical VF, no explanation anywhere (that I can find)

Windows Mobile Email 20 Euro Add On €20.00 Add
    Windows Mobile Email 12 Euro Add On

???

€20 gives you 50mb
    €12 gives you 25mb

Used for push email solutions using Windows Mobile devices and Nokia E61 connecting to Exchange

Works extremely well on my E61.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

ah ha. So you need push email on Exchange 2003 to get that then?
    Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Exchange (newer versions) come with the mobile piece by default. If you don't have access to exchange you can always use a 3rd party solution (mail2web.com and others).

Sleipnir wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Sleipnir wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

Service Pack 2 or later needs to be installed on Exchange 2003 (incl SBS version) to enable push email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

hi.
    is the 50mb data add-on available to any postpay vodafone customer?

for some reason vodafone support told me that 25mb is the max. available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

the 25mb bundle is the largest bundle you can purchase for the purpose of using your phone as a modem.

Stupidly on vodafones part the "windows mobile bundle" and the regular data bundles use the same apn (isp.vodafone.ie) so if your using your phone as a modem you can use the larger of the windows mobile bundles (if they will put it on your a/c of course :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

the 25mb bundle is the largest bundle you can purchase for the purpose of using your phone as a modem.

Stupidly on vodafones part the "windows mobile bundle" and the regular data bundles use the same apn (isp.vodafone.ie) so if your using your phone as a modem you can use the larger of the windows mobile bundles (if they will put it on your a/c of course :D )

cheers.
    thanks for clarifying that.
    yeah, i'm using my (basic) mobile phone as a modem for my windows mobile pda.

any suggestions as to how i might be able to get the 50mb bundle with this set up?

the availability of different data tarriffs depending on your setup is a bit incongruous, do you think. what is the reasoning behind it, do you know?

anyway, if i were to get an unlocked windows mobile5 ppc-phone in the future,(but not actually purchase it from vodafone) what vodafone data tarriffs would be available to me then?

any info much appreciated.
    thanks.

Advertisement