Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has anyone got a Powerflow exhaust form Performance Zone?

Options
  • 13-09-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has got a Powerflow exhaust form Performance Zone in Blackrock?

I am thinking about getting one - well getting a quote first anyway. I was wondering what their workmanship is like? I know one or two people who got Powerfluw exhausts fitted in the UK and the work was crap!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 joeblogs

The lads down there are very good ive had various work carried out by them as well as my friends and have had no problems with them....

The powerflow system can be a bit noisey tho...What car is it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

An Opel Manta GT/E!

I thought you could choose the setup that best suited - i.e loud or not so loud etc?

You can but with a straight through system its going to be loud anyway you look at it...

Me personaly i would not worried about the noise from my car, it can only add more character to the manta!

Nice car by the way was only looking at a mint example down in limerick at the weekend.

There are a few nice ones about! Mine needs a bit of work but it's going in the right direction ;)

Here it is when I went to pick it up

IMG_7018a.jpg

It doesnt look like it needs much work from where im sitting:eek: Looks very clean indeed...And are they recaros I see in her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Fantastic - just brightened up a dragging evening in work! looks pretty mint, best of luck, I'd forgotten about them. Thought they were cool when I was 10...still do!

joeblogs wrote:
    And are they recaros I see in her?
    They sure are! Nothing wrong with your eye sight ;)

Very nice indeed! Well let us know what you end up doing with the exhaust anyways...I cant fault preformance zone's work anyway..Best of luck

I have got no further at the moment - I will take a trip into Preformance Zone in the next week or so and get a price and then take it from there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

Shouldn't this be moved to the Boy Racer forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Last time I checked, there was no Boy Racer forum.

Shouldn't this be moved to the Boy Racer forum?
    Even if there was such a forum why should it be moved there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

atlantean, Jaysuz that is one nice looking car :)

Larry? wtf like, dont bother commenting if your only intention is to have a dig

ando wrote:
    Thank you very much! It needs a couple of things doing to it but hay - it's not a new car ;)

A nice, not loud, stainless exhaust is one item I'm after. With little use standard ones rot in on time!

ando wrote:

Larry? wtf like, dont bother commenting if your only intention is to have a dig
    I'm not having a dig. I'm saying this is off topic, as there is a forum for Boy Racer discussion, and the OP would probably get more responses there too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=603

I'm not having a dig. I'm saying this is off topic, as there is a forum for Boy Racer discussion, and the OP would probably get more responses there too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=603
    Firstly that forum is for modified motors - not quite the same as Boy Racers.

Secondly, I believe the opinions of the people in here would be better suited for what I am looking for. I am not after a large, blow a hole in your ear drum exhaust, rather a long lasting, qood quality stainless system.

Many on the other forum may have got a system from there but their requirements may have been somewhat different to mine. This is why I posted in here. As for the number of replies - I am after quality, not quantity.

atlantean wrote:
    Firstly that forum is for modified motors - not quite the same as Boy Racers.

It's exactly the same, mate. It's just worded like that so as not to offend the "car modifiers", as they like to be called. That forum was set up to get rid of the goons from this forum.

What's wrong with your current exhaust? The very nature of your topic is about "modifying" your car.....so stop trying to say that a 'car modification' topic is more suited to this forum than the "Car Modifiers" forum. It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

It's exactly the same, mate. It's just worded like that so as not to offend the "car modifiers", as they like to be called. That forum was set up to get rid of the goons from this forum.

What's wrong with your current exhaust? The very nature of your topic is about "modifying" your car.....so stop trying to say that a 'car modification' topic is more suited to this forum than the "Car Modifiers" forum. It makes no sense.

I have a modified car Am I a boy racer?

The op is looking for an exhaust, for his classic car why not suggest he goes there, better still why not try to be constructive instead.

Btw Atlantean thats just a beautifull looking car.

Chonker wrote:
    The op is looking for an exhaust, for his classic car

If it's a classic - then he should go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=514

He's either a modifier, or a classic car owner - both have their own forums. That's my point.

Chonker wrote:
    I have a modified car?

Is that a question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

joeblogs wrote:
    Me personaly i would not worried about the noise from my car, it can only add more character to the manta!

You think? More noise is good? :confused:

Sorry! I am not trying to provoke an argument here! I can see your point of view about the post going into the modified or classic sections.

The reasons I posted it here was:

My current exhaust system is beginning to rot due to lack of use and I want to replace it with something that will last longer i.e. a stainless one.

Many of the exhausts I have seen on modified cars are very loud - which is not what I am after. Many too are only big show off back boxes - not full systems.

Most of the cars in the Classic forum are much older than mine and I have not seen many of the older classic cars with full stainless systems.

All I am looking for is an upgrade. I was not asking about a particular exhaust for a particular model car - i.e. not modified and not classic so I thought the Motors forum to be the best place to start.

I do apologise if I have posted outside the realm of this forum only I did so after contemplating on where to ask so as to receive a reply from someone who was either thinking along the same lines as myself or had the same requirements from an exhaust system as myself. such a person may be few and far between but if one doesn't ask one will never know.

No apology necessary, once you explained your exact situation. Just making a point. Cheers.

Is that a question?.

God damn my typing skills? thanks for pointing that out? you should be a Moderator? Your Good at it?

He's either a modifier, or a classic car owner - both have their own forums. That's my point.
    Wrong!
    He's a guy with a general question.
    No apology necessary, once you explained your exact situation. Just making a point. Cheers.

Let the Mod's do that job larry.

He is neither asking about a modified car exhaust or a classic car one he simply was looking for a place where he could get more info on the particular supplier of exhausts. A general question. Neither classic or modified.

Keep on modding:D

Chonker wrote:
    he simply was looking for a place where he could get more info on the particular supplier of exhausts. A general question. Neither classic or modified.
    Exactly Chonker ;) BTW: Thanks for your appreciative comments on the Manta earlier!

atlantean wrote:
    Exactly Chonker ;) BTW: Thanks for your appreciative comments on the Manta earlier!

Appreciative my as#e, I'm just jealous. Ive always wanted one.

Chonker wrote:
    Appreciative my as#e, I'm just jealous. Ive always wanted one.
    :D Some day maybe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

very nice car. no idea bout the exhaust but i agree with you on the not too loud part!
    It's exactly the same, mate. It's just worded like that so as not to offend the "car modifiers", as they like to be called.

check this guy out :rolleyes:

atlantean wrote:
    :D Some day maybe ;)

No! I'm too much of a coward to buy an old car.

• Advertisement

Seanie M wrote: »
    You think? More noise is good? :confused:

Sorry for bringing this thread up again as ive not been on here since, Seanie the car I was using the system on was a track car so was not too bothered with the noise of it...Cheers

@atlantean Any update, did you go with the powerflow system? If so how did you find it?

Advertisement