Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay Clear of Clearwire!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I'm using Clearwire with a wireless router, 4 P.C.'s in the house, usually only one or maybe two on at a time. Keep hitting the download limit before the end of the month - there's a fair amount of youtubing going on, does that affect the download limit? Apart from that, nobody plays games, downloads songs etc - but still the limit gets exceeded and the sh*tty connection speed is inrtoduced at some random point in the month.

1. Is there any way of getting around this sh*tty speed reduction?
    2. How can I tell how much has been downloaded each month? Is there a counter or something?

I have a feeling they don't like 4 people using the one modem, and randomly f*ck with the speed to annoy you into getting a second modem. Anyone got any ideas on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

well i have been told that i may have a virus which could be consuming bandwidth hahaha and then all communication stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mcmonkeys1

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

Stay away from these criminals. I canceled during the 7-day trial period. They continued billing me anyway. I spent about 40euro on phone calls. Each time the representative promised that they would clear up the matter and call me back. These ppl are liars. I eventually managed to trick my way into getting through to the guy in charge of finance, who got very flustered and told me he'd already sent me an email about this and the money was being refunded. 5 minutes later a very crudely written email appeared in my inbox. Here it is:

"that refund has been processed, it has left the bank last night, please allow
    2-3 working days for it to hit your bank account.

Thank you

Regards
    NAME REMOVED
    clearw°re"

Professional right? No cash amount, capitalization, details, nothing. The refund arrived and that was that right? Wrong. Six months later I got a letter from a debt collection agency claiming that amount that I had been refunded to me plus 40% interest. They had sold my "debt" on. I considered pressing legal action, but in the end I just couldn't be bothered, I'd expended too much time, effort, money, stress on these criminals , but I thought I'd share a taste of my experience with these criminals at least. I was very pleased to see that this thread is now 6th place when googling clearwire, but very annoyed that I didn't check them out before getting that devil box in my home.

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

this thread was started back in 2006, the last post was 12 months ago, thread locked
    do not drag up old threads

In addition mcmonkeys1 given infraction for breach of charter for naming staff member

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement