Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Broadband (HELP)

Options
  • 13-09-2006 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HEY, just wondering whether anyone else has purchased Perlico's 'Broadband Service'? I have and despite talking to them for hours over several nights I have never gotten it to work. Has anyone else had this problem?? Nearing nervous breakdown....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 RonanH

I got perlico, just got the modem yesterday and installed it last night. Had to ring them for a username and password. They sorted me out fine.

Not sure what your symptoms are but the first I try way to solve a connection problem is to just repair the network connection. It will issue a new ip and I've found it solves most connection problems. Also make sure that you are getting your ip and dns automatically in the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) properties page of your network connections. You've probably tried all this already but...

I'm not too impressed with the speeds I'm getting though, with huge ping times of well over 200ms and lots of lost packets... hoping it will improve but if it doesn't I'll have to call them. (Maybe it's a problem at my end) Anyone else have speed problems with perlico?

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Perli-crap

Don't Choose Broadband Lite, As Perlico Seem To Have An Imaginary Billing System - The Connection Dates & Times Cannot Come From True And Accurate Records (i Know When I Used The System And Nothing Matches)

Anyhow Perlico Lite Has Turned Into €30+ Per Month, Based On Them Saying I Was Connected At 3am, 4am, 5am On Multiple Nights And Online For Tens Of Hours Continuously.

I Know All Pc's Were Off, The Modem Is Password Protected Etc, But It's My Word Against Their 'records'.

Bill Arrives The Day Before The Direct Debit So Try Resolving That Fast......not A Hope When The 'yellow Pack Customer Care' Hangs Up On You After 30 Minutes Waiting To Be Answered.

Since Switching To Perlico I've Had Nothing But Excess Charges, Way In Excess Of What I Previously Paid Eircom - Don't Believe The Hype - In My Opinion They Are Nothing But Gangsters, The Telco Equivalent Of The 'tarmac Driveway Cowboys'.

Peril-ico

Advertisement