Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebond - where to start

Options
  • 13-09-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have noticed some problems with the render on the exterior of my house, it was built less than 2 years ago, I have tried contacting the builder via email but have not received a reply. Does anyone know whether the builder is still responsible and if not how does the homebond scheme work i.e. what is the first point of contact for a complaint/claim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,326 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What exactly is the problem with the render. Is it cracking in places, if so then thats is to be expected. It is setlement cracking and happens in interior plastering also in the first few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

Yes, it is cracking, but I have noticed some other houses in the estate have had it stripped and replastered. I think I will knock on some doors tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Scratchface

I moved into a new house in North County Dublin, and most of the rendered houses have very bad cracks on the exteriors. One house subsided so bad that the pipes burst all over the house and the owner had to move out !
    He's suing the builders who have moved on to another site and seem very difficult to deal with.

Another house was very bad and Homebond organised for some engineers to come out and place meters all over the house to measure the subsidence.
    I didn't hear the outcome or any results. My house is red brick so I haven't noticed anything, but that might be exactly a good thing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Your solicitor should have, as part of the closing got details that the builder was in the homebond skeem, which is a 10 year deal.

I would contact your solicter and also home bond

see http://www.homebond.ie/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moving to Accommodation & Property

• Advertisement
Advertisement