Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help

Options
  • 13-09-2006 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Okay, so im startin wow in 1-2 weeks and was wonderin' if i could get sum advice on a couple of things.:confused:

Right...so im startin with a few mates(5ish) and wonderin (a) wats a good server to start on, (b) Wat class i shud pik (ill be playin as HORDE , either troll or tauren), and (c) wat wud be sum good combos 4 our group, ie healer, tank etcetec

Apreciate nehelp & hope to b playin wit ye soon!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Server? Depends whether you want PvE or PvP. If you want to go PvP, join the guys here on Jaedenar. PvE? Kilrogg (though I'm biased, because that's my server - got my main lv56 paladin and alt lv12 shaman there).

Class? Read up a bit on what each class does... and don't be afraid to reroll if you end up starting a class you hate.

Group combos? Just as long as you have a healer and a definite tank you'll be ok for instances pretty much all the way up.. so for healer you'd be best with priest or resto druid and tank-wise warrior. Rest is up to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Server? Depends whether you want PvE or PvP. If you want to go PvP, join the guys here on Jaedenar. PvE? Kilrogg (though I'm biased, because that's my server - got my main lv56 paladin and alt lv12 shaman there).

Class? Read up a bit on what each class does... and don't be afraid to reroll if you end up starting a class you hate.

Group combos? Just as long as you have a healer and a definite tank you'll be ok for instances pretty much all the way up.. so for healer you'd be best with priest or resto druid and tank-wise warrior. Rest is up to you :)

Ya im doin PvP. Class....i was thinkin tank ie warrior but ppl who play it say its boring, then was thinkin hunter 4 pet, but nt sure bout lng range. was told Rogues n Shamies are good....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i tell ya im enjoying priests are very fun. nothing like being GOD :D you decide who survives and who dies... we're on jad on PVP if u fancy joining us

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

How many of your mates are playing?

If 5 I'd suggest...

Warrior, Preist, Rogue, Mage, Warlock/Hunter.

If you want to tank but think a warrior sounds a bit boring roll a Druid. Despite what people say a well played druid is just as good a tank as a warrior when lvling up anyway.

The above setup is for pve lvling btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

A well played druid is better than a warrior, even more so at level 40-60. But once you hit 60 and get a few epics its about even... Then once you get a few more epics a warrior pulls ahead... by alot.

Still, a druid is a helluva lot of fun.

• Advertisement

Hmm, prob role druid or warrior then....see what the other guys want...
    What bout rogue's??? Heard they were basically undefeatable in a 1 v 1 on a PvP server...

O, and ne1 av comments who played as a hunter, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

RedXIII wrote:
    Hmm, prob role druid or warrior then....see what the other guys want...
    What bout rogue's??? Heard they were basically undefeatable in a 1 v 1 on a PvP server...

O, and ne1 av comments who played as a hunter, cheers

Nah, once you get used to them rogues arent too hard. I use to have loads of trouble with them until I got the spinning down pat.

Now they get blown away. Shadow Priests melt faces after all.

How many of your mates are playing?

If 5 I'd suggest...

Warrior, Preist, Rogue, Mage, Warlock/Hunter.

If you want to tank but think a warrior sounds a bit boring roll a Druid. Despite what people say a well played druid is just as good a tank as a warrior when lvling up anyway.

The above setup is for pve lvling btw.

Well il be going PvP, so would the setup be similar???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dont go Horde!

Join the Hoffs on Mazrigos :)

Jumpy wrote:
    Dont go Horde!

Join the Hoffs on Mazrigos :)

Sur i mite start up on both and decide which is best in the 1st few weeks:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Jumpy wrote:
    Nah, once you get used to them rogues arent too hard. I use to have loads of trouble with them until I got the spinning down pat.

Now they get blown away. Shadow Priests melt faces after all.

It's true... :( Still, spinning around backstabbing rocks... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Make sure you get a nice balance of classes like jimjim suggested, that way you can all group together to do instances. If you're all rogues, that'll be a little hard :)

K thanx ill bear tbat in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CyberGimp109

howdy there RedXIII, i know nothing yet but im looking it up now. Sure funk it sure! Ill drive the peugot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CyberGimp109

im likeing the looks of tauren/orc and either a warrior or rogue.. but dunno yet still reading

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

dont roll a caster xD

DRakE wrote:
    dont roll a caster xD

Wat like shamy or warlok???? why not???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Shammy's a great class.... no reason not to roll one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Shammy's a great class.... no reason not to roll one!

Whats this Shammy class you speak of? Shaman I know about but Shammy?

Due to the close minded attitudes of lots of guilds 99% of Shaman end up being heal bots. Dear lord I really hope TBC ups our DPS enough to get the hell out of that role.

Giev Agro reducing ability as well k tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I love shamans, probably my second favourite class, but they're useless in pve over a long period of time, aside from as healers. I also think they're overly powered in bursts.

I bet a lot of shamans would sacrifice some of that burst dps for more mana efficiency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

roger that. soloing with a shammy is a bit of a pain having to drink after every 2 mobs or sacrificing a load of dps by not shocking just so you can keep a bit of mana in your bar. And you can be waiting a while for a windfury proc.

I think they're great in pvp though. I absoluty own up the join in the 30-39 group, and i'm not even twinked, have fairly average gear. Great against casters and a good support class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

roger that. soloing with a shammy is a bit of a pain having to drink after every 2 mobs or sacrificing a load of dps by not shocking just so you can keep a bit of mana in your bar. And you can be waiting a while for a windfury proc.

I think they're great in pvp though. I absoluty own up the join in the 30-39 group, and i'm not even twinked, have fairly average gear. Great against casters and a good support class too.
    I found lvl'in up a Shammy a piece of piss. Just get a decent two hander and go enhancment. Just Windfury/Flurry mobs and heal once after each kill, rince repeat. Your mana will regen by the time you need to heal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

"Right...so im startin with a few mates(5ish) and wonderin (a) wats a good server to start on, (b) Wat class i shud pik (ill be playin as HORDE , either troll or tauren), and (c) wat wud be sum good combos 4 our group, ie healer, tank etcetec"

(A) Nordrassil :)
    (B) Priest (Priests FTW!)
    (C) Easy, for a 5 man: Priest, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Warrior (Bit of everything)

But of course for option (B) its really what you want to be ;)

Yup im playin allreday, weve got priest, warrior, 2rogues, mage, shaman, hunter & more to com ^^ Started on Jaedanar ....:(

Nah i quite like the server ...just wish the guild was a bit more active

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

yeah it seems like den of thieves is dead :( add me in game (splinty), im using a 41 undead priest at the mo so ill help you guys out or something...maybe get an active group going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

What guild are you in RedXIII, is it a raiding guild?

Or just (as I call them) a level up and leave for a better more mature guild XD

Advertisement