Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IAM Fleet

Options
  • 13-09-2006 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering has anyone else done the provisional Ignition course with IAM fleet.

I did one last week and I was very annoyed.

The instructor failed me. Now I have bing driving for 4 years, done driving lesson which my instructor told me He would have no problems passing me in a test.

The acesser even told me laws which didnt exsit, which I as polity as possible tried to correct but then I just got a big pause by him.

Like he told me I shouldnt have a bike licence, you have to be 25 to have a licence. (wrong!)

Also he asked me to put on the dim lights on the car, I told him that I do the same for my bike and he said that it is law to have the lights of a bike on at all times (wrong)

I just think its a scam to get you to re apply and do another test pay another 70 euro, cause when the girl rang me up to tell me I failed she asked how many times have I done the acessment!

No way am I doing another test, Ill pay higher insurace than pay them more money. I have my test in 2 weeks.

Anyone else have any views

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If you are precise with your driving as with your spelling, you'll never pass a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

did one a few years back, passed but was annoyed with it as well.
    She started asking me about the speed limits in certain areas after the test was over and we were out of the car. She criticised me for not remembering them!!, even though i hadn't broken any of them.

Also i was marked down for breaking the limit in a 50 zone while overtaking a dumper. I seriously must have been doing 50-55 for all of 2 seconds.

seemed like she was just nitpicking for the sake of it. Was worse than the driving test!!

It really is quite tough considering its meant to be for learners!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you are precise with your driving as with your spelling, you'll never pass a test.

This is a motors forum, not the English forum!

Advertisement