Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Legal Advise Re Business Idea

Options
  • 13-09-2006 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

This seems like the most suitable forum (sorry if it isn't)

I'm looking into setting up a web based business in the coming weeks and i need one or two legal pointers regarding the legality of the business idea. It's not criminal but some services may take offense to the website.

If anyone here is in the legal profession, and is able to spare about 5 minutes of their time, then please send me a pm regarding this.

Thank you very much,
    Cormac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I'm not in the legal profession, but it's a little bit much to expect someone on boards.ie to provide someone they don't know with legal advice on boards.ie pm's. You might get advice, but why do you think it will be any good? Why don't you go and see a solicitor the same as everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

did it hurt me to ask?
    /ouch

got it sorted anyway but thanks for your interest nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Post a similar situation as a question on the legal discussion board.

Be wary though, because the Legal Discussion board (as well as every other board) does not allow legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think it's fair enough to post the issue you have in mind (in a generalized form, not as a request for legal advice) and then get some views, and I think you might get better advice that way.

The other thing is just to think when you get advice, who the source is and how much care has gone into it.

I can see maybe that you want to keep your business idea private and that's fair enough. But PMing people on boards who say they're lawyers isn't a great game to be playing if you want to keep stuff schtum!

There is definitely no harm, as you say, in asking. Just want to be sure you got the best information. Best of luck with the idea!

• Advertisement
Advertisement