Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia 1.9 TDI mileage.

Options
  • 13-09-2006 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

What's considered a good mileage for a 2001ish Octavia 1.9 TDi? Most in my price range seem to be around 110k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Thats about right I would say.

The girl who works in the office here has a diesel and only travel a couple of miles to work each day.

Keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

110k isn't bad then I take it. At what mileage should I start saying no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Don't say no based on mileage, say no based on condition. A well minded 150k car will serve you much better than a neglected 75k car. Look for major maintenance work having been done recently, i.e. cam belt, shocks, brakes, suspension bushings etc... Work like this done recently done means you won't have to worry about it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

buy on condition. An Octavia showing 110k may have done more than that, so don't pay too much attention to the odometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have the car in question checked in detail by a good recommended mechanic. The Octavia TDi is a very good friend of many a taxi/hackney driver. Make sure it has a full service history also to verify the mileage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement