Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car servicing

Options
  • 13-09-2006 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get my car serviced? Is a local mechanic my best bet, or should i go for a main dealer or advance pitstop or somewhere like that?
    My car just needs oil and filter changed, new brake pads and wheel alignment (bastard potholes)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 joeblogs

Not all local mechanics will have the proper wheel alignment tools...I would say your cheapest and convenient bet would to bring it to an advanced pitstop as they will do everything at once...Have them balance the front wheels also...;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Need car serviced in Balbriggan area, 03 Fiat Stilo, should I go to Fiat or get it done elsewhere? Fiat charged me 450 last time, incl break pads :( its on its 36K service shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Akrasia wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get my car serviced? Is a local mechanic my best bet, or should i go for a main dealer or advance pitstop or somewhere like that?
    My car just needs oil and filter changed, new brake pads and wheel alignment (bastard potholes)
    for what you need to get done, advance pitstop will do it all for a lot less than any mechanic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I get mine done in DC Motors, Drumcondra for about 140-160.

A bit cheaper than the Advanced Pitstop full service but as pointed out this may be an apples to oranges comparison.

Advertisement