Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband in a Box Drumcondra Area

Options
  • 13-09-2006 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience of Irish Broadband - the Ripwave one in a box in the Drumcondra area. Does it work there and is it any good?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

You really should have looked at the previous posts - Ripwave is a Rip-off. In short, it doesn't work for 90% of people...in fact if it does...dial up is usually faster - stear clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

I have ripwave in Drumcondra (Dorset Str end). It's actually not been too bad recently and over summer, baring the occasional outage. Within the last two days, I'm actualy getting better speeds than I've ever gotten before - the little light on the modem has actually gone green, which I've NEVER seen either before.

It's fine for browsing the web, but I wouldnt rely on it during peak hours, or use it to work from home etc.

So it looks like they're really bumped up the service in Drumcondra this week, whether it lasts or not I dont know ...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

General advice is to only get Ripwave as the absolutely last option.

First try:
    - NTL, Smart Telecom, Magnet
    - Eircom, BT, Digiweb DSL, Digiweb Metro
    - Clearwire

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Hey,

I've recently just got the ripwave box and it's working fine for me.
    Currently downloading some tunes and getting a speed of 38 kb/s which is fine for me considering it's only 18.95 a month. Can get over 50kb/s on a good day.
    I'm living in on the second floor of an apartment block just off griffith avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Never had a problem when I used it here in D10..regular connection speed of high 400's and download speeds usually approaching 60kbs, it's a good little service for what you pay for IMO:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement