Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when do I know Iam a runner

Options
  • 13-09-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

This is gonna sound padandic. But how do I know when I running. I resently decided to get back in shape. Doing about 15 Miles a week. I'am pacing myself at 7 kph. am i a runner or just walking fast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

7kph, is a little too fast to be a walker, some of the women you see really swinging those arms and power walking would be touching 7kph but I reckon you're a runner already:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I'd say you are a runner but you'll also know you are a runner when:

1 Wearing ridicoulous full length running tights in public won't bother you.
    2 You start checking out other runners while driving and wonder are they real runners too.
    3 If you are male, getting changed at the side of the road won't bother you.
    4 If you are female, getting changed on the side of the road won't bother you.
    5 You wake up in the morning to go to the bathroom and your left hip is really stiff and your right ankle is killing you, but it feels good.
    6 When out for your 7kph run you see someone jogging just ahead of you and you wonder could you pass them if you upped it just a little bit.
    7 You get drunk very easy.
    8 You spend half an hour in sports shops checking out running shoes, the heel, flexibility at the toe etc even though you have no intention of buying and just bought a pair of Ascis Kayano last week.
    9 On the first inkling of a cold/flu/sneeze your first thought is sh*t am I going to miss training.
    10 You know exactly what/who Frank Duffy is.
    11 You eat like a horse and friends will wonder where you put it.

Any of these are symptoms of being a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

You might be a runner if..

.. your weekly mileage for your runners is more than for your car...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Way I heard it was:

You're always a runner. Those a lot slower than your are walkers, those a little slower than you are joggers and those that are faster than you are on drugs.

Less than an hour for a 10km and you're a runner in my books!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I still don't feel like a runner and I've been at it for over two years. It's a state of mind.

A slight hijack but tunney might recognise a few of these signs
    http://tribarb.blogspot.com/2006/07/top-50-signs-youre-triathlete.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement