Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montana

• 13-09-2006 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Was Joe cool the greatest quarterback on any given day???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Hard to tell given how the game has changed over the years. Guys like Bart Starr and YA Tittle all have to be given their props. But seeing as Joe Cool was they guy that got me hooked on the sport I'll definitely say he's the best to have played in the last 30 years. Only Tom Brady comes close in my eyes.

Forget Manning... he gets rattled in big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Brady is approaching that level already, and he could have another 10 years in the game. Of course, it'll be tough this year for him without any receivers so we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

He has Deion Branch ( Super Bowl MVP) and Ben Watson who many say could have a breakout year. Although you have a point- Branch and Watson aint Holt, Bruce and Curtis or Harrison, Wayne and Stokely. Id like to see what Tom Brady would do with Wr corps like the Colts or Rams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

hasn't branch gone to seatle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

There's no one else I would depend on more to drive from yer own 10 to the house with a buck 40 left.... Just no one.... Joe's the man.

Did he do that against the Cleveland Browns yonks ago after the famous Ernest Byner fumble???

Anyone???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Padwick

Elway any day for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

There's no one else I would depend on more to drive from yer own 10 to the house with a buck 40 left.... Just no one.... Joe's the man.

Did he do that against the Cleveland Browns yonks ago after the famous Ernest Byner fumble???

Anyone???

No he didn't ... that was an AFC Championship game..... checked it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

spooiirt!! wrote:
    He has Deion Branch ( Super Bowl MVP) and Ben Watson who many say could have a breakout year. Although you have a point- Branch and Watson aint Holt, Bruce and Curtis or Harrison, Wayne and Stokely. Id like to see what Tom Brady would do with Wr corps like the Colts or Rams.

Branch is a Seahawk.

On a different note Brady in my opinion will walk into the hall of fame he has alot of seasons left in him and has done a fantatsic job with average receivers over these past 5 years. Give Brady a receiver like Holt or Harrison etc. and you are looking at the Best QB in the NFL easily ahead of Manning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

Branch is a Seahawk.

Damn...Fingers crossed they do well without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Dan Marino was the best without doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Devrozex

Marino holds all the meaningful quarterback records, but Montana was surely the best 'clutch' quarterback in NFL history, although Brady is pushing him close for that honour these days.

I agree Brady is pushing alright but what do u think of Peyton Manning i think he has all the right things to become a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geoff_nfl

i prefer tom brady as a player than manning but manning has the stats to show he is a top QB! dan marino is my all time QB!

geoff_nfl wrote:
    i prefer tom brady as a player than manning but manning has the stats to show he is a top QB! dan marino is my all time QB!

At least somebody else on this forum knows what thhey are talking about Dan Marino is the greatest of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Manning has what it takes to be next Marino, he's going to finish his career with the same amount of Superbowl rings anyway!! Montana is still No 1 but should Brady win another Superbowl it'd be a very close call.

Advertisement