Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon's new album

• 13-09-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got it yet? I've heard a few songs on their myspace page, some great stuff, I've been meaning to order the deluxe package from their website but I have to borrow my sisters' credit card. Anyone got any opinions on the new stuff or the band in general?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Anyone got it yet? I've heard a few songs on their myspace page, some great stuff, I've been meaning to order the deluxe package from their website but I have to borrow my sisters' credit card. Anyone got any opinions on the new stuff or the band in general?

only heard the myspace stuff, but the band in general are fuppin legends tbh. fantastic, dynamic and interesting.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I got it last friday, very good album, needs quite a few more listens to become a classic in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Got it last week. Dunno, it hasn't grabbed me the way Leviathan did. There are some cool bits for sure but also some other parts that are just rather pointless... the instrumentals for example.

I'll give it a few more spins before I know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Leviathan, while amazing, kinda lacked the crushing, brutal heaviness of Remission, as does this. But it doesn't quite have Leviathan's genius either, so not sure I stand particularly well over this one. Time will tell however, but Remission's still in the lead as ever for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

Got it last Friday, excellent stuff particularly The Wolf is Loose, Crystal Skull, Circle of Cysquatch and This Mortal Soil. Crushing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Okay, have had this on pretty much all day and it's grown on me quite a bit. I'm fond of it at this stage. Still not Remission though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Gave it a few listens, not thinking much of it though at all, really disappointing release, I might try a few more spins and see if it grows on me, but so far not so good.

Advertisement