Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused by CPU temps.

Options
  • 13-09-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Just got my system up and running today, have a Freezer 7 Pro on my E6600.

Im confused with the myriad of temp measuring programs out there, and even more confused with their results.

While idle (more or less, using a browser), speedfan hovers around 39C, CoreTemp around 55C and RightMark Clock Utility an extremely worrying 71C.

Im using the MX1 paste that was pre applied to the cooler, I also had hassle installing it but it seemed to be on securely when I decided I had fiddled enough and put the side panel back on.

What the hell is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Join the club. I've had the same probs & every1's the same. There is a lot of variation in the temps that utilities are giving. For me I use the smart guardian & speedfan temp from the socket as they both give the same reading & core temp (from the die) gives a temp of 6-10' hotter. The rmclock utility seems to me to be way off & gives temps of 25' hotter than the socket. Everest gives another totally different reading. Every1's complaining.

At full load with orthos @ 355fsb, 1.45vcore, speedfan & smart guardian give me temps of 58-60', core temp 62-64' on each core & rmclock utility 78-80' but still my zalman heatpipes are cold.

Read up on xs forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Speedfan read about 60 degree load for my E6400 running Ninja with no fan with F2 bios.

Flashed to F5 and now it reads 40 degree load with same heatsink setup except 700mhz higher overclock :o

Core2duo temp monitoring = nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Thanks lads, I was worried it was going to start underclocking the CPU.

I'm also running with the F2 bios, I'll flash it tomorrow.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

ooohh Demon got a Core2duo!

Getting good clocks?

Im thinking of getting a E6400 in January depending on what new tech comes out....

Advertisement