Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux

Options
  • 14-09-2006 12:24am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am currently going through a Phantom of the Opera phase:

- saw the musical over the summer
    - listening to the soundtrack alot
    - figured out the theme tune on guitar, spent ages teaching my girlfriend... which causes me to whistle it all day in the office driving my colleagues mad... however they are now whistling it too ;)

Anyway, this prompted me to pick the book out of my "to read" pile.

Currently 50 pages into the 250. Story seems to move along at a quick enough pace and I'm looking forward to getting the full details which the musical skips over. I didn't realise the whole story is based on a real Opera house in Paris and associated stories of a phantom in the cellar.

What did anyone think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Bought it in a train station in Italy years ago and read it in a sitting, great book

Advertisement