Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Pavillion 6021

• 14-09-2006 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Looking at getting the following spec from local soundstore:
    Hp Pavillion 6021
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL50
    1024 Mb Ram
    120 Gb HD
    DVD R/W D/L Lightscribe
    Wireless Lan 802.11G
    15.4" Brightview
    5 in 1 card reader / bluetooth
    Webcam & Remote
    Geforce Go 7200 128Mb

The price is €1150 I don't know if this is a good deal as I haven't seen anything from dell that really stands to it for the same price.. I'm a student so i'd be using it mostly for college office apps with the intention of getting a Tuner card for it for recording tv and playing the odd game of CS:Source. Is there any better deals out there and could you tell me if this is a good machine or would it not be any good for playing new games??
    Thanks,
    Sqdd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

you'd get a better Deal at Dell.ie for that price definately, although I am biased as I hate HP/Compaq with a passion.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Firstly, it won't be good for games. It'll run CS Source, as the source engine is really scalable and hardware friendly, but not at great settings and for other new games, the 7200 is absolutely hopeless. Its the very lowest end of the current Geforce Go spectrum.

Even PC World would offer better solutions for gaming then that, as would Dell. For that price you'd easily get a good laptop with an X1400 card, which is a decent budget card. Again, that laptop is fine for general use, but a bit pricey, and very poor for games.

Advertisement