Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a Meteor Contract

• 14-09-2006 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I moved to Ireland last October from the UK and previously had an Orange contract for three years on a 30 pound per month plan when I first came over here I got a PAYG connection with Meteor and have been using it on my Orange Unlocked k750i ever since.

My k750i now is getting on a bit and with very little decent SE phones avaliable on PAYG I want to get a contract, as a) it's far easier and I hate having to top up all the time and b) I prefer to pay that way

Would I be able to get a contract with meteor or would I need to be an Irish resident for 3 years so I would pass the credit check they would run? This is what happens in the UK but I wanted to know if it was the same in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The credit check may throw up a deposit.

You'll need your passport and TWO forms on address, dated within the last 3 months. Bank Statements, Utility bills etc.

No way to know until you go through with it. May be easy on you as you're a UK national.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Credit checks generally like you to have lived in the same address for over 3 years. But if you fit all the other criteria then you might not get asked for a deposit. Even if you do, you get the deposit back after a few months.
    It can't hurt to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I moved to Ireland last October from the UK and previously had an Orange contract for three years on a 30 pound per month plan when I first came over here I got a PAYG connection with Meteor and have been using it on my Orange Unlocked k750i ever since.

My k750i now is getting on a bit and with very little decent SE phones avaliable on PAYG I want to get a contract, as a) it's far easier and I hate having to top up all the time and b) I prefer to pay that way

Would I be able to get a contract with meteor or would I need to be an Irish resident for 3 years so I would pass the credit check they would run? This is what happens in the UK but I wanted to know if it was the same in Ireland.

You should be fine

Advertisement