Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garage door

Options
  • 14-09-2006 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

currently building a garage and trying to decide what type of door ill fit to it. was going to go with your standard double swing doors but just wondering how much roughly would a shutter type or a rigid up and over type one cost? anyone know of companies that would supply these or would it be a case of going to someone who supplies businesses and getting something from them to suit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Depends on location. Here in Donegal, there are a few companies who will make them to suit. My brother got a roller door about three years ago from a company near Letterkenny and it was very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭secman

We got a pvc oak woodgrain door (side door) and window plus set of panelled hard wood swing doors and frame from munster joinery for €1400. Munster installed side door, window and garge door frame . Had to get a chippy to hang the garage doors, have applied a few coats of varnish and they look the mutts nuts. Great value all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

surprised munster did it outside of a contractor as they are generally not interested in joe public. not what im looking for though. have had enough of door swinging in the wind etc and roller shutter means no lost space for door swing.

smashey, any idea of the cost? even approx. ive seen a few in the buy and sell for circa 300 euro and automatic ones slightly more.

From memory, it was roughly €350 about three years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

thanks, have spotted some on ebay for about 1k, thats a roller door about 12ft wide with electronic activation (meaning id have no locks on outside-rear or shed will be facing onto a laneway) so at least now ive got some idea of the cost.

now wheres my credit union book.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

smashey wrote:
    From memory, it was roughly €350 about three years ago.
    smashey you couldn't find out where he got the door in Letterkenny as i'm looking for one myself.

Vinneyboy wrote:
    smashey you couldn't find out where he got the door in Letterkenny as i'm looking for one myself.

Letterkenny Roll-Up Doors. I think they are in Manorcunningham. Tel 074 9157481

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

cheers smashey will give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Rollup gives much more workable room.
    Up and over takes up a fair amount of space both inside and outside.
    (Not to mention being a bugger to close, for old & young)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Hmmmm,

can you get these roller doors in a decorative finish or colours? It sounds like a great way to access the garage. Aome plans I am looking at have the garage doors to the front. Can you get them 16ft wide?

• Advertisement
Advertisement