Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activision announces PS3 game prices (shock)

• 14-09-2006 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

..they'll be $60, same as Xbox 360.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157548.html
    The price of next-gen console games was a hot issue last year when the bulk of Xbox 360 launch titles carried a $60 price tag. This week, Activision CEO Robert Kotick confirmed what many gamers already expected or even assumed: the company's PlayStation 3 games will retail for roughly $60.

There's been some rumour-mongering that PS3 games would be even more expensive than 360 i.e. $70, but I guess we can lay that one to rest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Grand so only €47 we doing well in the currency changeover, oh wait forgot game have their own its really €70.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

KdjaCL wrote:
    Grand so only €47 we doing well in the currency changeover, oh wait forgot game have their own its really €70.

kdjac

Haha, yeah, it's scandalous. I fear for next-generation systems when johnny casual walks into Game, and sees those prices. It's been putting even me off! I'll be probably be hitting the web for all my games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

LookingFor wrote:
    I'll be probably be hitting the web for all my games.

that's what i do now, and intend to continue doing. screw these stores charging through the nose. i don't mind picking up games a few months after they're out cheap, or 2nd hand though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I got Black for the PS2 for 29.95 in Game, reduced from 59.95, brand new. You wouldn't believe it but they had it in the pre-owned section for 45euro, HA ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

that's $60 before tax though as everything in America is advertised before tax is added isn't it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I got Black for the PS2 for 29.95 in Game, reduced from 59.95, brand new. You wouldn't believe it but they had it in the pre-owned section for 45euro,

That happens a lot when they have games on special offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Vegeta wrote:
    that's $60 before tax though as everything in America is advertised before tax is added isn't it
    yeah it is, also different states have different tax rates, new york been the dearest i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea new york is pretty dear, when i was living there i thought stuff was very cheap until i got to the checkout, but it was still relatively cheap:P
    i think new jersey has no tax but im not sure i think that was just alcohol

Advertisement