Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here from Mahon

Options
  • 14-09-2006 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

How bad is it actually, was thinking about moving down there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

some parts are bad and some parts are grand. depends on where your moving to. as people always say its the small scumbag minority ruin it for everybody else. say some of the places your looking at and wel either say YAY or NAY

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

numorouno wrote:
    some parts are bad and some parts are grand. depends on where your moving to. as people always say its the small scumbag minority ruin it for everybody else. say some of the places your looking at and wel either say YAY or NAY

Ferney Road was one of them Ballinure was another

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

not the worst of em.at least the outside of the estate but i would have to say NAY on the whole.very near the "bar district"

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

numorouno wrote:
    not the worst of em.at least the outside of the estate but i would have to say NAY on the whole.very near the "bar district"

are you talking about both areas here or just ferney?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

i thought ferney road was ok,depends what park you go into,i wouldnt like to live near the redcove or anthing thats very rough.
    parts down by the graveyard are ok.it all depends on your neighbours really.like anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Tony255 wrote:
    How bad is it actually, was thinking about moving down there?

imo... it a dump, stay well away from the area. pointless trying to pick a couple of quite roads in a maze of *#@^

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Indeed, the areas around the graveyard and church are okay. Stay away from areas around the Redcove bar and Avenue de Rennes.

Blackrock is much nicer :p.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

parts down by the graveyard are ok.

Dead quiet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Ballinure is grand, but like every other area in Cork, some parts are grand and other's arent.. Its certainly not as bad as people are led to believe. I wouldn't rule it out as place to live anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

and never had any problem, just dont move into a gaff that has derelict land next door which attracts kids. If going for a drink use red cove not lakelands. Wouldnt recomend avenue de rennes or large parts of ballinure which is the worst area of mahon but still 80 % grand. Just keep away from area with lanes etc. Used to live in shamrock lawn and grange and can honestly say that mahon is as safe or probably safer then grange and far safer then shamrock lawn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Grange can be a bit mental alright! My x lived up there, Mangla is a no go area anymore Iv heard,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

was the mangla ever a go area in the first place :eek:

Advertisement