Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anschutz Air Rifle Cylinder recall. READ THIS NOW if you have an Anschutz air rifle.

Options
  • 14-09-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I saw a post on this in the last week or two, but I can't find it, so I'm posting it again and stickying it for a month or so. Just in case. Given the damage that a faulty air cylinder could cause, I think it's worth it...

From the Anschutz website:
    Some of the delivered aluminum compressed air cylinders may show material defects. We have arranged the most important information for you:

Recall information sheet

Procedure to empty the air cylinder

Identification of the serial numbers concerned

From the Identification page:
    During product observation and quality control measures the J. G. ANSCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KG has found out, that a certain production lot may show material defects at the compressed air cylinders of target air rifles.

This material defect may lead to a sudden failure of the aluminum air cylinder. The manometer or the filling valve may loosen from the air cylinder. Serious injuries cannot be excluded.

For safety reasons a check and - if necessary - exchange by the manufacturer is essential.

The below listed air cylinder series - only until year of manufacture December 2005 - may be concerned:

Air cylinder, silver, length 430 mm: from 012947 to 016846 Item-No. 711.3415
    Air cylinder, red, length 430 mm: from 002444 to 002527 Item-No. 711.3414
    Air cylinder, black, length 430 mm: from 000006 to 000053 Item-No. 711.3413
    Air cylinder, Junior length 290 mm: from 001632 to 002225 Item-No. 711.3412

beschriftung.jpg

It is not allowed to use the mentioned cartridges anymore without being checked before. They must be safely emptied at once.

Please, send the affected and pressureless cartridges immediately for a check to
    J.G. ANSCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KG,
    Abt. Kartuschenüberprüfung,
    Daimlerstraße 12,
    89079 Ulm / GERMANY

or to any authorized ANSCHÜTZ sales partner in your country. Our sales partners are listed on our website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Okay, I think we can unsticky this at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Were there any accidents caused by this, or was it purely precautionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

None that I heard of Civ, but I've not been asking around. Given how much damage one of those could potentially cause, it's better safe than sorry though.

Advertisement