Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry City v PSG - Tonight Live BBC and Eurosport

• 14-09-2006 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Derry v PSG tonight, live on british eurosport, BBC, ukraine tv and canal+

I fear for Derry tonight. Anyone know if mccourt is playing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I recon they could pull of a shock PSG have a few out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PSG seemed to of left their best players out because of the clash with Monaco at the weekend.

I dont think PSG will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

They lost at the weekend too I hear. And only finished 9th last season... The only thing Derry have to fear is the name, and lets hope they don't.

Majorly pissed off I'm going to miss this, but Team Boards.ie needs me. I'll be taping it anyway.

C'mon the candystripes!
    finnpark wrote:
    I fear for Derry tonight. Anyone know if mccourt is playing

No fear! McCourt should be starting yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Anyone know what time coverage is on at on BBC?

Anyone know what time coverage is on at on BBC?

Starts at 6.50pm, match kicks off at 7pm. Its on BBC2 Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Should be a cracker, Derry to win 1-0 (K.Deery) is my thinking on it. 175/1 in PP, gonna slap a few on that! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Kick off is at 7:00pm coverage starts at 6:50pm.

I really think Derry can get a result here tonight they are brimming with confidence and and have a very good manager. So best of luck from a Drogheda Utd fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

From DerryCityfc.net :eek:
    Coming on for Derry City, Number 12, the Crowd

Wednesday 13 September 2006
    Derry City FC Online : Coming on for Derry City, Number 12, the Crowd

The manager has pointed to the influence of the support numerous times this season, and tomorrow night calls for a huge performance from the Brandywell faithful

The noise levels home and away in this European run have been phenomenal but just like the playing staff, we need an extra special performance off the field tomorrow night.

One of the reasons to keep the game in the Brandywell was the unique atmosphere generated and the edge that gives the players. We need every supporter to repay the faith of the board and the management in the supporters and blow the roof off the aging venue tomorrow night.

PSG may have experienced the heat of the Velodrome whilst playing OM, and many European nights, but they have never been to the Brandywell. Lets make sure they never forget it.

It may appear obvious, but just as we need all the players on the field playing at their potential, we need all the fans in the ground as well.

There are a few easy things that everyone can do prior to kickoff tomorrow. 2.

Confetti: This is something that everyone can do. Spend 20 minutes and tear yourself a bag of confetti for the game. The more people that make the effort the better it is going to look. If you have a shredder in work, steal the shreddings for the next few hours and bring them along. There is no excuse for anyone not to bring confetti

Till Rolls & Toilet Roll : Again, if you work somewhere that has an excess of till rolls, perhaps you could liberate them for Thursday night. We want a ticker tape explosion as the teams take the field. We have had it before, and we can have it again.

Scarves: In Fir Park with about ten minutes to go a chorus of "Red Flag" rose up. I was near the back of the centre block and as I looked down, all I could see was a sea of scarves . It was magic and something we can do once again for this game. If you don't have a scarf, or know someone that doesn't, make sure they have one come Thursday.

Colour: Red and White used to be the majority colour in the Brandy but it is now the dominant one. It goes without saying that we want everyone in red and white for Thursday. The club shop has plenty of polo shirts etc for people that might be coming to party late. Red t-shirts, coats, wigs, whatever it is, we want everyone displaying the colours come Thursday. As I said before, we aren't Manchester United, Liverpool, Celtic, Barcelona. We are Derry City. Let's show the world just who the hell the Red and White Army are.

Voice: The most important thing. We have had big performances on and off the field in recent years but we really need to blow the roof of the Brandy off for this one.
    - Get there early: Obviously with the ticket situation the singers maybe somewhat spread so we need as many blocks as possible participating to make this game really really special.

- Sing for 180 minutes: It is going to be nervy on Thursday, and hopefully the longer it goes on, the more nervous we get. There are going to be times you don't feel like singing, or the people round you don't feel like singing. Just like the players on the pitch, we need the fans on the top of their game, and to keep going for the whole ninety minutes. It used to be that we just sang during the match. This game we need to be singing long before the game, during half time and hopefully long after the game.

Card Display: On every seat in Blocks C-I there is going to be a red or white card. This is for a co-ordinated display when the players are shaking hands.

The PA announcer will help to co-ordinate the display, but remember as the players go along the line to shake hands, raise your card in the air and make sure all around you do it as well.

There are less than 24 hours left to the biggest games in the club's history. We are taking the field against PSG, a club with a budget many times ours. They will have expectations not just to beat us, but to win the competition as a whole.

We are 180 minutes away from making history and we all have a part to play. In recent years, supporting Derry City was seen a something of a joke. Now everyone wants to be a Derry fan again. The 3,000 inside the stadium are those lucky enough to have tickets for the game. You mightn't think it, but you can make a difference.

We may have a third world stadium, but we have a team that is the pride not just of Derry, but the entire island. We have a manager who has instilled in the players a belief that they are good enough to take on anyone and he has asked for our help to once more punch above our weight.

We didn't get this far by sitting back and having success handed to us. The players on the field have worked hard to get us in the position to make history and they need us once more to drive them forward.

Derry fans from the Cityside, Waterside, County and Country will be there tomorrow night. Dublin, London, Scotland, Austria, America are places that some of them call home. The Red and Army comes from far and wide and we need them all tomorrow night.

So from when the turnstile clicks and you find yourself inside the Brandywell tomorrow night, remember this. It may be decreipt, it may be a sham, it may be an embarrassment, but its the Brandywell. Its our turf.

Big name or no big name, no-one is going to waltz in and just take that away from us.

European media might see us as minnows, but no-one tomorrow night thinks that. We are there because we don't care what the form book says, what the pundits think, what anyone thinks. Derry fans are too used to be laughed at, dismissed or pitied to care what anyone else thinks. We dare to dream what people say we shouldn't, what we have no right to.

Stephen Kenny has spoken of the fairytale of Derry City, of the fans saving the club. He may be right, but he has taught every fan to forget about what anyone else says. People may see us a parochial little place in the North West,with no right to be here. I don't see any clubs from Belfast, Dublin or Cork here. The manager has shown us that we can stand tall once more and say. "I am a Derry City fan".

Stand Free. Stand Tall. Stand Proud.

Sounds like its going to be some night.

Jennings is in goal. Is Ford injured?

• Advertisement

Didn't play against Limerick but can't find any clue as to why...

Well I don't rate him at all. I know others disagree and think hes the best thing since the invention of the wheel but he is poor from crosses and really prone to mistakes. Think Jennings is better although not that experienced I suppose. I would say he will dip into the transfer market at end of season for a goalkeeper. I see Wayne Henderson has janded in a txfer request at Brighton. Would be a great signing for any LOI side.

finnpark wrote:
    Jennings is in goal. Is Ford injured?

I think it was just ignorant reporting on behalf of a blonde RTE reporter:
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0913/derrycity.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PSG fielded stronger side as they reckon they be battered but intent on recovering any score next leg.

Derry to win tonight and draw 0-0 next leg.

Started that way Derry not letting them have time on the ball PSG hoofing it, Derry fans noisy :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PSG have won only 1 of thier 5 opening games in the league, I bet 'they won't like it up em' to borrow a phrase.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Any decent games on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Worst attempt at trolling ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Worst attempt at trolling ever.

Who is trolling?

West Ham Palermo
    SV Red Bull Salzburg Blackburn
    Slavia Prague 0 Tottenham

All on tonight which I would rather watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Nelly one more attempt at trolling on this forum and you will be taking an extended break from soccer.

This is not open for a discussion or a reply. If you have something to say about this comment PM me or go to feedback.

Big Nelly wrote:

All on tonight which I would rather watch

Derry City v PSG - Tonight Live BBC and Eurosport

And you ask in this thread?

Im sure you have remote control.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

anybody know if there are any highlights of tonights uefa action on the box tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

at a guess i would say Eurosport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Mossy Monk wrote:
    at a guess i would say Eurosport

and that i dont have, nthell.

finishes 0 - 0 anyone reckon derry can do it in the return leg?

British Eurosport will have any games that arent exlusive to any irish or british pay tv channels.

0-0 Derry they never really looked like scoring, neither did PSG tho fairly crappy game. Derry hit the bar in 1st half but dont think there was a shot on target in 2nd half by either team.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A good result which could have been even better . Most people will expect PSG to prevail in the second leg but with the way they are playing the game could well be as close and as cagey as tonight , with either side having a decent chance to go through .

If Derry play to their capabilities(which is better than they showed tonight) there's no reason they can't progress .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone else think it very generous of BBC NI to show a game featuring teams both from foreign leagues? ;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone else think it very generous of BBC NI to show a game featuring teams both from foreign leagues? ;)

Show MOTD every week so just continuing a trend. :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Nice one Derry. Definite peno. They were robbed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

A disappointing result. People are already saying how great it was. I didn't see your man celebrating when he hit the woodwork. All this playing for a draw and being happy having got one is the wrong attitude. If you are 10 nil down with a minute to go, then you play for a draw. Teams should be playing to win, not to draw. A draw nearly always means missed chances. All the playing for a draw people are basically saying that the manager should instruct the players before the game like this:

"Right, lads, we know we can't win, so don't bother trying to. Now, we're playing for a draw. So if we do score, be sure to concede a goal back."

Then, at the end of a game:

"Ah, lads that was terrible. You were 2 nil up after 10 minutes and you had 80 minutes left for them to equalise so we could get the draw we wanted, but you didn't concede any! You're a disgrace, the lot of ye. Goalie, you plonker! 25 fingertip saves, and all you had to do was let two of them in and we'd have got our draw. Striker, 3 minutes in, an open goal in front of you and you went and kicked the ball into the net. What the hell were you thinking? If that wasn't bad enough, with us already a goal up, 7 minutes later you send a bullet of a shot, that leaves their goalie without a hope of saving it, into the roof of the net. Are you mad? How the hell are we meant to get a draw if you keep doing something stupid like that?"

0 - 0 moral victories are not good enough for Eircom League teams any more. We've seen it often: Eircom League teams having a "brilliant" draw at home and then losing away. That is no use anymore. We want to have better results now. Even if we expected Derry to be hammered tonight, we should be disappointed for them not to have scored. Shelbourne held Deportivo to 0 - 0 in Lansdowne Road and then lost in Spain. That was not much use to all the delighted supporters that were coming out of Lansdowne after the first game.

• Advertisement

Flukey wrote:
    A disappointing result. People are already saying how great it was. I didn't see your man celebrating when he hit the woodwork. All this playing for a draw and being happy having got one is the wrong attitude. If you are 10 nil down with a minute to go, then you play for a draw. Teams should be playing to win, not to draw. A draw nearly always means missed chances. All the playing for a draw people are basically saying that the manager should instruct the players before the game like this:

"Right, lads, we know we can't win, so don't bother trying to. Now, we're playing for a draw. So if we do score, be sure to concede a goal back."

Then, at the end of a game:

"Ah, lads that was terrible. You were 2 nil up after 10 minutes and you had 80 minutes left for them to equalise so we could get the draw we wanted, but you didn't concede any! You're a disgrace, the lot of ye. Goalie, you plonker! 25 fingertip saves, and all you had to do was let two of them in and we'd have got our draw. Striker, 3 minutes in, an open goal in front of you and you went and kicked the ball into the net. What the hell were you thinking? If that wasn't bad enough, with us already a goal up, 7 minutes later you send a bullet of a shot, that leaves their goalie without a hope of saving it, into the roof of the net. Are you mad? How the hell are we meant to get a draw if you keep doing something stupid like that?"

0 - 0 moral victories are not good enough for Eircom League teams any more. We've seen it often: Eircom League teams having a "brilliant" draw at home and then losing away. That is no use anymore. We want to have better results now. Even if we expected Derry to be hammered tonight, we should be disappointed for them not to have scored. Shelbourne held Deportivo to 0 - 0 in Lansdowne Road and then lost in Spain. That was not much use to all the delighted supporters that were coming out of Lansdowne after the first game.

So Shels should have beaten Deportivo so, eh? And we should be criticising Derry?

This was not a "0-0 moral victory". This was a clean sheet at home. An away goal, which Derry are very capable of getting will put them firmly in the driving seat. Derry are not stupid.

I am not saying we should be criticising Derry, but at this stage we want to be beating teams. Eircom League teams have had enough draws at home and losses away. We should be setting our sights higher now. Shelbourne could have won in Lansdowne that night. Even in Spain, they missed a few chances, and the first goal they conceded was a soft one, if you remember it. There is only so long we can go on being happy at not having won. In recent years, we've seen a few teams miss good chances to win. Players are not relieved to see one of their attacks fail to score and miss a sitter, in case they might actually win. It will be harder for Derry to score away and an away goal might not be good enough. Tonight was the night for them to have scored. They didn't concede any, which is brilliant, but they didn't take full advantage of that. We now should be looking to win the home games. Derry still have a chance, but they have the tougher task ahead. Bringing a goal into that would be good. They had chances to do that tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Flukey wrote:
    I am not saying we should be criticising Derry, but at this stage we want to be beating teams. Eircom League teams have had enough draws at home and losses away. We should be setting our sights higher now. Shelbourne could have won in Lansdowne that night. Even in Spain, they missed a few chances, and the first goal they conceded was a soft one, if you remember it. There is only so long we can go on being happy at not having won. In recent years, we've seen a few teams miss good chances to win. Players are not relieved to see one of their attacks fail to score and miss a sitter, in case they might actually win. It will be harder for Derry to score away and an away goal might not be good enough. Tonight was the night for them to have scored. They didn't concede any, which is brilliant, but they didn't take full advantage of that. We now should be looking to win the home games. Derry still have a chance, but they have the tougher task ahead. Bringing a goal into that would be good. They had chances to do that tonight.

Yes they had chances but so did PSG. Two shots cleared off the line tell me it was a pretty even game. Paris St. Germain play in a higher standard league with far more full internationals in their squad. Until the eL as a whole is up to that standard then results like tonight will be terrific. Fair play to Derry. They have every chance of nicking it in the away leg.

Flukey wrote:
    I am not saying we should be criticising Derry, but at this stage we want to be beating teams.

Which Derry have done on more than one occasion in Europe this season.
    Flukey wrote:
    Eircom League teams have had enough draws at home and losses away.

And? Its not as if Derry set out to draw tonight, they hit the crossbar and should have had a penalty. There's very little more you could ask from that group of players in terms of effort.
    We should be setting our sights higher now.

And we are. I'm massively hopeful of a Derry win in this tie.
    Shelbourne could have won in Lansdowne that night.

Yes, but so could Deportivo.
    Even in Spain, they missed a few chances, and the first goal they conceded was a soft one, if you remember it. There is only so long we can go on being happy at not having won.

Nobody is happy at losing, but I'd be perfectly happy with holding PSG scoreless at home and going all guns blazing for an away goal in two weeks time. And yes, I remember the Shels game, have it on DVD :D.
    In recent years, we've seen a few teams miss good chances to win.

Like?

The main point of my argument is that nobody is expecting Derry to beat PSG, or Shels to beat Depor, and that plays into the leagues advantage. Theres no shame in losing to either of those clubs, but only once you put up a good resistance and make yourselves chances. Anything better than that is just brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

I feel that in a tie like this against much bigger opposition the first objective should be not to concede an away goal, which they succeeded in doing, the second should be to score yourselves or win the match which they didn't do so they should be happy but not delighted

dcarroll wrote:
    I feel that in a tie like this against much bigger opposition the first objective should be not to concede an away goal, which they succeeded in doing, the second should be to score yourselves or win the match which they didn't do so they should be happy but not delighted

That is what I am saying. I was at the Shels match that night. Going in I was, like most people, expecting them to be beaten something like 5 nil. It was great that they got 0 - 0, but for large parts of that game they were all over Deportivo. It was almost like the teams had swapped shirts before the game and the Shelbourne lads in the Deportivo shirts were playing really bad and the Deportivo lads in the Shelbourne shirts were playing even better than they expected. Coming out that night there was the "We should have won that" feeling. Shels weren't hanging on for dear life, they were playing really well. That was re-inforced the following game when they gave away a soft goal and ended up down 2 - 0. They could have won the tie.

Well done to Derry, they were great. It's just a pity they did not win. They could have, so there is an element of disappointment there too. They could still win the tie, and let's hope they do. That would be something to really celebrate. The players will be happy, but not delighted tonight. They'll be looking back on the missed chances too. Hopefully they'll get them in Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

In fairness to Derry, I don't think Stephen Kenny or the players did much wrong. It's crazy to think that Derry have to step up from playing the likes of Waterford and Bray, where their defenders can suffer lapses of concentration every ten minutes, and know they will get away with it, to the situation where they know one slip can be fatal.

The Derry fans, on the other hand, were the picture of minnowism. Singing and waving flags for ten minutes after the game? Someone tell them they drew! It look colourful and all that on the TV, and won't have done them any harm in their quest to be everyon'e second favourite team, and if the sight of great colour and noise attracts even one new fan then it'll have been worth it frmo their point of view. But what exactly were they celebrating? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Bateman wrote:
    The Derry fans, on the other hand, were the picture of minnowism. Singing and waving flags for ten minutes after the game? Someone tell them they drew! It look colourful and all that on the TV, and won't have done them any harm in their quest to be everyon'e second favourite team, and if the sight of great colour and noise attracts even one new fan then it'll have been worth it frmo their point of view. But what exactly were they celebrating? :rolleyes:
    Derry fans are just like that. They arrive at a game almost with a playlist of songs and sing them irrespective of what's happening on the pitch. They're a bit like German fans in that respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bateman wrote:

Yeah I suppose showing your team support on a great European night is a silly thing. Arms folded, all dressed in black would be more appropriate.

Derry just held their own against a bigger side in terms of finance and general talent. Keeping a clean sheet at home in any Euro tie is a great achievement and the Derry fans had every right to celebrate the excellent chance they now have progressing in the competition.

If they lost 5 or 6 nil then maybe you'd have a point but the fact is 0-0 is generally considered a decent result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Derry did well to get a draw. Overall an even game, but if anyone deserved to win it was the Candystripes. You can't help feeling that if they'd been a bit more positive throughout they would have scored, but perhaps they would have conceded also. Like Shels v Deportivo it might be a case of their best chance of progression is gone and we'll see a much improved PSG side next time. But then again I dont think PSG are as strong as DLC were.

First goal next time will be crucial. Hope Derry don't go too negative and invite wave after wave of attack.

Lol Flukey and Bateman

Afaik Euro games are 2 legged and that not conceding at home when your main strenght is being solid and hitting on the break was a good thing.

So Derry head to Paris knowing being solid again vs better players (Dhorasoo Pauletta and possibly Rothen ) scoring an away goal will put them in witha good chance of winning the tie.

Derry will score away all they have to do is stop Paris :) easy

kdjac

• Advertisement

Derry I reckon will be more attacking next week. Worst possible scenario last night was conceeding an away goal, hence even on their attacks they weren't piling forward.

As for the Derry fans smacking of minnowism, I applaud and cheer my team off the pitch every week, regardless of score, for the effort they put in. Derry worked tirelessly, and the fans appreciated it. Yes, they could have won, but so could PSG. It was a hard working, if unspectacular and below their usual standards (looked very tired at times), effort.

If I was a player, I know I'd appreciate the fans showing how much they appreciated my days work, than if the place emptied and they all trundled across the road for prawn sandwiches. Derry fans are passionate, and will sing if they are winning, or losing 3-0 to Finn Harps! How could that be a bad thing? There is never a bad atmosphere when they are in town - which all adds to the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    If I was a player, I know I'd appreciate the fans showing how much they appreciated my days work,
    The Derry support is frightening at times. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Congratulations to Derry for putting in a stellar performance and for probably deserving to win it on the night. 0-0 was a major achievement for an Irish club against Paris Saint Germain.

Hitting the woodwork was unlucky and although PSG showed more technique on the ball at times, Derry looked the part and fully deserved what they got. They were not overawed and the support level was helpful. McHugh was clearly taken down that time and it should have been a penalty but the referee bottled it probably erring on the side of caution due to his angle. Unlucky not to get it so I hope a similar challenge in Paris wont be given either, should it occur.

The return leg will be tougher. A 1-1 draw would be nice but Derry may be forced to go back and defend and PSG could get a goal or two. The longer Derry can hold out the better and maybe aiming for penalties is the best option. No matter which way you look at it, its a tough climb and if they should progress, I think this would rate as the best achieement by an Irish club in Europe although correct me if that is not the case.

Its a top stage for these players so I wish them well, and I hope all LOI fans also get behind them too.

redspider

redspider wrote:
    I hope a similar challenge in Paris wont be given either, should it occur.

Unless its for Derry of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Unless its for Derry of course!

:-)

very true ....

redspider wrote:
    I think this would rate as the best achieement by an Irish club in Europe although correct me if that is not the case.

Last 18 months or so:
    Shels 0-0 Deportivo ? (Same level of acheivment if nothing else)
    Derry beating Gotheburg was huge? Humiliating Gretna?

Go back in history to find the likes of:
    Athlone Town 0-0 AC Milan
    AC Milan 3-0 Athlone Town (Athlone missed a penalty at 0-0 :eek:)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Last 18 months or so:
    Shels 0-0 Deportivo ? (Same level of acheivment if nothing else)
    Derry beating Gotheburg was huge? Humiliating Gretna?

Go back in history to find the likes of:
    Athlone Town 0-0 AC Milan
    AC Milan 3-0 Athlone Town (Athlone missed a penalty at 0-0 :eek:)

1st round proper makes it the best achievement ever, considering they gone tru a few rounds already.

kdjac

Shels drew with Lille at that stage, after progressing through 2 stages of CL qualifying, and only losing to Deportivo away after a 0-0 at home in the final stage. Other than away goals, is there really a difference?

Meh, its all good I say! :D

From psg.fr:
    That they came with the PSG or by their own means, no Parisian fan regrets this long transhumance in the heart of "Bloody Sunday". Brandywell Stadium, has nothing of impressive as such, except perhaps barbed wires which surrounds it, but filled of its supporters, it transforms into nightmare for its visitors "City til' I die" (City until I die), of tens of flags red and white, a public which rises as soon as its players go up the ground and which sings without interruption... here are what one lived the players of the capital in this small stage of the "Third World" as described it the official site of the club of Derry (derrycityfc.net). An atypical stage whose inhabitants of Derry are proud besides.

The picture of the fans watching from houses is hilarious:
    http://www.psg.fr/fr/news/show.php?id=10196

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bohs winning away to Aberdeen in the qualifying round and Kaiserslautern who went onto the Semis that year in the first round proper were huge even though that was a few years ago now

• Advertisement
Advertisement