Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Start-up - Re mortgage

Options
  • 14-09-2006 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I have a Pad now worth €400K and i beleive Bank of Scotland will offer up to 95% on a Re mortgage. I would like to place this money in to a business but i don't want to tell them that. Could i say the 75K is being used for a new Car, doing the house up and a 3 week Holiday or how can i remove the money with a good excuse ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Interesting, thinking of doing something similar and the main thing is with regard the payment weather you'll get the funding.
    have a look here
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=36268

Maybe a long term business loan over 20 years could do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Someday wrote:
    Hi Guys

I have a Pad now worth €400K and i beleive Bank of Scotland will offer up to 95% on a Re mortgage. I would like to place this money in to a business but i don't want to tell them that. Could i say the 75K is being used for a new Car, doing the house up and a 3 week Holiday or how can i remove the money with a good excuse ?

Thanks

The one thing you dont do with a bank is lie, because if they find you out they can call the loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

BingoBongo wrote:
    Interesting, thinking of doing something similar and the main thing is with regard the payment weather you'll get the funding.
    have a look here
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=36268

Maybe a long term business loan over 20 years could do the job.

just had a read of the post above.

Are they mad?
    people posting in a public forum about how much money they dont pay tax on.

with the draconian powers the Revenue have, if they chose to, the poster appollo is a dead duck.

BingoBongo, if u are a meneber, pls pm apollo and get him to edit his posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tips are gifts so no tax is payable according to those ppl. Can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Bond-007 wrote:
    Tips are gifts so no tax is payable according to those ppl. Can anyone confirm?
    I can confirm that this claim is rubbish.
    ircoha wrote:
    Are they mad?

with the draconian powers the Revenue have, if they chose to, the poster appollo is a dead duck.

Why would you want to protect a tax evader? Are you happy that our public services are deprived of funding so that he can feed his untaxed income into his home?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

ircoha wrote:
    just had a read of the post above.

Are they mad?

Typical Irish attitude, try and encourage someone to get away with not paying tax - who do you think that is costing ?

Advertisement