Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend

• 14-09-2006 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Eircom League Premier Division Fixtures
    15 September 2006
    Bray Wanderers v Longford Town 7:45
    Cork City v Bohemians :cool: 7:45
    St Patrick's Athletic v Shelbourne 7:45
    Waterford United v UCD 7:45

Eircom League First Division Fixtures
    15 September 2006
    Shamrock Rovers v Cobh Ramblers 8:00
    Athlone Town v Limerick FC 7:45
    16 September 2006
    Dundalk v Finn Harps 7:45
    Kildare County v Monaghan United 7:30
    Galway United v Kilkenny City 7:00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Biggest game of the season for me(until Rovers come back), shame we gonna lose. Havent scored in league in 6 or so games, havent won in a while either can see nothing but a Shels win. JMC possibly gonna use the magic 8 ball for team selection minus the players hes arguing with, so no clue what team we will play.

Longford Cork and Waterford for the others.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Trip to Inchicore is my least favourite out of the Dublin clubs, as I don't like chewing my knees when seated.

I saw Pat's recently in the Cup game against Dundalk, when KDjacL missed a couple of free kicks, and apart from the dismal set piece play from him, there wasn't even a goalkeeper ffs, Pat's looked quite good. :D

I think they'll put it up to us, but will still go for a Shels win. 3-1 is my prediction for this one.

Bohs journey to Munster should be a borefest, and with CCFC having scored less goals than Waherfur so far this season, I can only see another dodgy referee decision being to blame for a goal for them.

Bray vs Longford is intriguing to me. Shels' last two opponents, and Bray were fairly good in their first half against us. Town were just a bad side. Bray for this one, by the odd goal in three.

Will Waterford's winning streak continue against UCD. Probably not, as UCD are very tough to break down. Draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bray Wanderers 0 - 1 Longford Town 7:45
    Cork City 3 - 1 Bohemians 7:45
    St Patrick's Athletic 4 - 0 Shelbourne 7:45
    Waterford United 2 - 1 UCD 7:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

St Patrick's Athletic 4 - 0 Shelbourne 7:45

Rofl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Could well be 4 draws in the Premier tomorrow night. Betting-wise the First appeals more, I'll be taking Shamrock Rovers to beat Cobh and Galway to beat Kilkenny. Nothing ground-breaking, they're both favourites, but I honestly don't think we'll see many genuine upsets (as in defeats for heavily fancied teams by lesser fancied opposition) between now and the end of the season. Teams like Pat's are going to just plod through their league games and save their efforts for the cup. Having said that, they could still frustrate Shels enough into getting a draw. Shels might have their minds drifting slightly to the league cup final on Monday, lesser competition and all that it is.

• Advertisement

Pats and Shels on Tg4 so webstream will be on tg4.ie

kdjac

Fixture change

Errortel Strike Again

ST PAT'S ATH v
    BOHEMIANS
    Manager Pat Fenlon has pledged his
    future to Shelbourne for the
    'foreseeable future', dampening down
    speculation he was about to join
    Bohemians.

Alan Moore is fully fit again, though
    Fenlon must wait on both skipper Owen
    Heary (hamstring) and topscorer Jason
    Byrne (abdominal muscle injury) who
    trained fully this week.

Trevor Molloy returns for Saints who
    haven't scored in their last four
    league games. Left-back John Frost,
    winger Mark Quigley and midfielder
    Michael Foley are all fit following
    injuries.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p224.htm

Hopefully Bohs havent left Dublin yet!!!!!!!!!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Byrne (still!), Arkins, Leech, Caffo and possibly Kelly out. Bring on the kids, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

THink the Cork vs Bohs match will be a good game.

Bohs always come and play unlike a lot of teams that come to the Cross. With Flynny back expect goals, goals, goals.

Not just from him. He can stretch teams unlike Behan who lacks pace.

3-1 City.

Pats vs Shels usually a good game and Ill head along tonight. The usual sequence is Pats go 2 goals up and Shels catch them late on. Pats more solid this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

THink the Cork vs Bohs match will be a good game.

Bohs always come and play unlike a lot of teams that come to the Cross.
    You are too kind, sir! :D

• Advertisement

The usual sequence is Pats go 2 goals up and Shels catch them late on. Pats more solid this year though.

:eek:

Happened once!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    :eek:

Happened once!

Happened a few times "yah yung un" when we beat you 3-2 , when you beat us 3-2 in cup to name 2.

kdjac

Well a more recent and apt sequence is...

Shels score,
    Shels score,
    Shels take it easy,
    Shels score,
    Shels win.

Either that or a boring 1-0 win.

Every junkie gets a fi....dog day or something.

Molloy to score a hatrick :D

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Every junkie gets a fi....dog day or something.

Molloy to score a hatrick :D

kdjac
    Well at least you won't have Wes to torment you I suppose. You going to training tomorrow?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Well at least you won't have Wes to torment you I suppose. You going to training tomorrow?

Nope working, hopefully get to abuse you and des later.

kdjac

MrJoeSoap wrote:

we'll see! :p

400/1 in PP.

Added with the rest of my predictions its 254133/1. :D

haha, 1 down, 3 more to go for pats.

haha, 1 down, 3 more to go for pats.

Well that was spot on.

kdjac

If your team wasnt so ****e i might of had a chance.

Although, i didnt get any of the other bets right, so meh.

• Advertisement

If your team wasnt so ****e i might of had a chance.

Although, i didnt get any of the other bets right, so meh.

Based on what we scored 1 goal in 5 games, havent won in the league in 6 and your betting on us to win 4-0 against the team top :confused:

We had our moments we restricted them to one on ones and shots on Ryan a clever ploy that worked for 80 minutes.

Shame if we were in Europe the rest of the league would know who the best keeper in the league really was, about the only good thing on our team. Our mental manager is arguing with 4 of our best players so they dropped, he handed in his resignation last week and it was refused :confused:

Sadly still gonna go every week.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Good night for Rovers in the race to consolidate 5th place:) Still be interesting to see if Derry can catch the Shels juggernaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Good win for Shels. It was on the cards, Ryan couldn't keep making the amazing saves that he was! And it took a sweet overhead from Crowe to take the lead! :) No panic from our lads, 15 minutes to go, 1-1, and still calmly tearing the Pats midfield to pieces, creating attack after attack.

Stroke of luck when Dillon was only cautioned though. Suppose it evened out over the course of the game, let a few dodgy challenges from Pats slide, and booked Hawkins for a challenge he didn't see (was looking t'other way and responded to the crowd). Fahey's 40+ yard shot should have been a corner too, deflection (from Dillon I think) knocked it past Williams and onto the bar - some shot though!

Very poor Pats crowd I thought.
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION  SEP 15 
                   P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Shelbourne   21  14   5   2  49  19  47
     Derry City   18  12   4   2  30  12  40
     Cork City    21  10   9   2  20   9  39
     Drogheda U   20  10   7   3  22  13  37
     Sligo Rvrs   22  10   5   7  27  27  35
     Bohemians    23   8   3  12  23  24  27
     St Pat's A   23   6   9   8  21  23  27
     Longford Tn  22   6   7   9  16  18  25
     UCD          23   5  10   8  16  21  25
     Waterford U  23   2   5  16  17  46  11
     Bray Wndrs   22   2   4  16  16  45  10

I could be wrong, but Derry have 3 games against Drogheda still to play (rearranged from European/Setanta fixtures) I think. Starting to look very nice! ;)

49 goals in 21 league games, incredible! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Stroke of luck when Dillon was only cautioned though.
    I don't know how the feck he didn't walk after that, the ref bottled it, big style.
    Einst&#252 wrote: »
    49 goals in 21 league games, incredible! :D
    Brilliant.

We deserved the win though, I thought we piled on the pressure at the right times, and nice to see Jamie Harris scoring.

God, Derry seriously better win the league.

From Drogheda's website:
    Derry Fixtures Set

Tuesday 10th October - away at the Brandybrandywell: KO 7.45pm

Friday 20th October - away at the Brandybrandywell: KO 7.45pm

Tuesday November 7th - home at United Park - Kick off 7.45pm.

They have to play twice in the Brandywell, and Once in United Park. Here's hoping a few draws crop up! :D

Very disappointed with Pats last night.

Took the lead from a quality free-kick and then decided to settle for that. Couldnt understand Johnny MacDonalds decisions at all.

1. Not starting Darragh McGuire
    2. Replacing Trevor Molloy before Rooney
    3. Allowing team to drop deeper and deeper

Shels were good but Pats stopped putting pressure on them after 50 minutes and dropped deeper and deeper. Everyone in the ground could see the goal coming.

Ollie Cahill, Crowe and O'Neill were all excellent. Crowe worked his ass off and even though he is the smaller of the two, beat Colm Foley for most headers.

Barry Ryan and Keith Fahey stood out for Pats.

Good crowd from Shels.

Note to self watching game : For all premier games, especially on TV there should be ballboys on duty. The game often was slowed up when the goalies had to retireve the ball.

Couldnt understand Johnny MacDonalds decisions at all.

Magic 8 ball for team selection, then removes the 5 hes fighting with. Mulcahy our best midfield player arguing with him now and is off at end of season, good signing for any of the top 4.

kdjac

Mulcahy broke up a load of ball alright but then he would pass it off to Frost or Sparky who would predictably lose possesion.

Also Have to say, useless stewarding. Same idiots that do the Shels games.

1. I though flares were banned.
    2. Pitch invasions were banned.

Will either club get a fine. Will they ****.

When was the last time we had a pitch invasion at a Cork City match. Bar the league championship Id say it was 4 years ago now. Why? Bescause we dont cut costs and hire enough stewards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

On the City Vs Bohs game, its no exaggeration to say City could have had 6 or 7, but for some awful finishing. Destroyed them from start to finish.

A note on the Bohs fans. They never cease to amaze me. Once again, a number of them were thrown out after Woods socred the goal, and were in general acting the maggot before and after the game. Not even Rovers have been as bad as this lot int he last few years.

Good to hear.

WE are solid at the back, but when John O'Flynn gets injured there is no sharpness to the attack.

What's the latest on George?

Seems like another disaster by a club that continues to look amateurish.

A call up to the international team is surely only a few weeks away!:rolleyes:

I hope he doesn't go, but if he does it better be a good price. And that means over €200,000*.

*I'm allowing for the contempt that our players are held with when I name that price.

The price may well have dropped now, as he is leaving one way or another. Antics like his can only hurt his sale value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He is defo on his way out, Rico said as much in Saturdays Echo and on Predeville on Friday morning. He is at Ipswich now, and Hull later in the week.

Good luck and good riddance to him. I know for a fact that the morale of the 1st team is very high at present. Take from that what you will. With regard to a value, I would be happy with €25k. At leats that will cover his wages for the last year. The main thing is, we get rid of him, and hope the door hits him on the way out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement