Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Boy

Options
  • 14-09-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I have just discovered this site / message board and Im lovin it. Im a proper Irish Yid. Im going over this Sunday for the Fulham game. I normally go to the little boozer on the corner near the cub shop beside the Ladbrokes, but this week Im gonna head down to the Irish Centre for a few beers and a bite to eat.

Any other decent spots were people go ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hi mate, welcome on board. Why not introduce yourself on this thread?

As for where to go for a beer? I've never been in the Irish Centre, but I do know its a good spot for an early beer. My favourite over the years has been the Bricklayers Arms (continue on down the High Road past the ground and its a five minute walk on your left) or more recently the Coach and Horses (past the ground on High Road, maybe a 10 minute walk on the right)

The Brickies gets packed very quickly, but the atmosphere is great on matchdays and (weather permitting) there's a beer garden to catch a breath. They've Magner's on tap which is a bonus!

There's also a decent boozer beside Northumberland Park station called The Park, its a 10 minute walk down Park Lane from the ground, they've a lovely beer garden but service can be slow.

Advertisement