Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing attitude on this board

• 14-09-2006 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Hmm..

Disappointing attitude on this board.

Asked a few basic questions relating to getting broadband given that I don't yet have a phoneline.

See post below - titled: getting phone/broadband for first time

Got some advice but any further questions (comparing price plans to see if I have it correct) only elicited snide remarks.

If I was looking for that attitude I'd contact the suppliers directly!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Start yet another thread so , why don't ya (this is not a snide remark)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi,
    Calling the suppliers directly may be the best option.
    Price plans change often, as do special offers, so one you have an idea who you want to go with, call them and ask for more details.
    You'll also find on this board when you ask for advice on a provider that many people have bad things to say about certain operators and that in almost all operators cases you will find at least one user complaint.
    So its fairly difficult to judge which is the best provider for your general needs.
    I personally have never had a problem with Irish Broadband Breeze products, or the Digiweb Metro service, both are wireless and may be suitable to you, Call both providers for price plans,
    Kippy

EDIT-If you have further issues with posters etc, I would recommend starting a thread in feedback outlining your grievances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

By the way, this is the thread in question. All of Trevords questions were answered (more than once), and his misconceptions corrected.

And it is just like the NTL ad!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Foxwood wrote:
    By the way, this is the thread in question. All of Trevords questions were answered (more than once), and his misconceptions corrected.

And it is just like the NTL ad!

I suppose I should not be surprised at Trevord's attitude but I am.

The post elicited as Foxwood rightly points out answers to all the questions asked plus a bit more.

Posters like Foxwood routinely give an incredible amount of their own time answering this type of question when a rudimentary search of boards on the part of the questioners would easily elicit the information.

A lot of people who ask these type of questions apparently cannot be bothered to do any research themselves yet expect other people to do it for them. What else could the people who responded to this thread have done ordered the broadband?

And how rarely does anyone actually thank the likes of Foxwood for the time and effort they put in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Trevord wrote:
    Got some advice but any further questions (comparing price plans to see if I have it correct) only elicited snide remarks.

If I was looking for that attitude I'd contact the suppliers directly!

Where are the snide remarks?

Unless some posts were deleted all I can see is Foxwood being very helpful to you, despite the fact that you appear not to have done any research yourself on the matter.

Foxwood isn't going to make all the decisions for you, as you seem to want someone to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

dub45 wrote:
    And how rarely does anyone actually thank the likes of Foxwood for the time and effort they put in?

Hey! I bake him a cake each Monday! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I don't see any problems in the thread Foxwood linked to (if that is the thread you are referring to in regard to a "disappointing attitude").

You asked a question and Foxwood gave a clear and precise answer. You then proceeded to ask the same question again, requiring Foxwood to repeat himself.

I've seen a lot of Foxwood's posts and he goes out of his way to help people. He can be at time a lil blunt and to the point at times. But remember this is not "customer service" where we have to polite and nice and assume the customer is always right.

You can ask a question and you just have to take the answer you get, good, bad and ugly. But in this case I think the response you got was more than helpful.

And this thread would be better off in feedback.

Advertisement