Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1982 World Championship Higgins v White, Semi-Final 69 Clearance

• 14-09-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Maybe this should be in the links sticky at the top.

Its a video of Alex Higgins' AMAZING clearance in the 1982 World Champ Semi Final.
    He comes to the table 59 behind, and puts together a 69 break, never once in position and plays possibly the most amazing pot ever, deep screw with reverse side to pot the blue in the green pocket and drag the white back down the table to the reds:eek: , pure genius!!
    As Johnny Vegas said about Higgins - "Mad man, but genius with a cue"

ENJOY!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dViH2UERKBs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So what, He was still a horrible little man!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd say that comeback haunted Jimmy White, especially during those Hendry games years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

walshb wrote:
    So what, He was still a horrible little man!!!!

in your opinion, but the fact remains he was a genius on the snooker table, I didnt post the video to discuss his personality, i posted it to discuss his talent!

And yes I would say it definitely did haunt poor jimmy, so close Again and still never got his hands on the trophy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

having read jimmy whites biography i dont think it bothered him that much and from jimmys descriptions of alex and their adventures he really didn't seem too bad

yeah he had a viscious streak and was a bollix from time to time but hey the man is a legend on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

Il agree with that, the legend on the table part being the sole reason for posting the video of this "interesting" break.
    It was everything snooker is not meant to be, it wasnt controlled it was thought out it wasnt "boring"(well maybe thats just me).

• Advertisement
Advertisement