Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all go to the Lane!

Options
  • 14-09-2006 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

hmm, i know there is at least one season ticket holder here (who wants to donate their ticket to me every time he doesnt go :)), and there always seems to be someone heading over for a match, so i figured, hey, why not just organise a meet up at some stage in the late season where we reckon we will all get tickets and have a some beer.

looking down the list of fixtures, im looking at march for the watford or reading games.
    now, i know all the games are sold out, but it think theres more chance of getting tickets for these than say, the arsenal or chelsea match!

and to be honest, it would be nice to see match we might win :)

what thinks you lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Champion idea, and one we envisaged as part of this whole forum/club.

I've a ST, and sikes has 2. I've also got access to 2 club memberships, and could probably lay my hands on a couple more with a bit of digging, + mates ST if he's not able to make it, so getting tickets shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a list of all our games up to the end of December, the one's in bold I'm definitely going to (Arsenal is a "hopefully" definitely...:D )

Home Sun 17th Sep Fulham Premiership 15:00
    Away Sat 23rd Sep Liverpool Premiership 12:45
    Home Thu 28th Sep Slavia Prague UEFA Cup 20:00

Home Sun 1st Oct Portsmouth Premiership 16:00
    Away Sat 14th Oct Aston Villa Premiership 15:00

Home Sat 21st Oct West Ham Premiership 13:00
    Away Sat 28th Oct Watford Premiership 15:00

Home Sun 5th Nov Chelsea Premiership 16:00
    Away Sun 12th Nov Reading Premiership 13:30
    Away Sun 19th Nov Blackburn Premiership 16:00
    Home Sat 25th Nov Wigan Premiership 15:00

Away Sat 2nd Dec Arsenal Premiership 12:45
    Home Tue 5th Dec Middlesbrough Premiership 20:00
    Home Sat 9th Dec Charlton Premiership 15:00
    Away Sat 16th Dec Man City Premiership 17:15

Away Sat 23rd Dec Newcastle Premiership 15:00
    Home Tue 26th Dec Aston Villa Premiership 13:00
    Home Sat 30th Dec Liverpool Premiership 15:00

Charlton at home on Dec 9th is a good option, it shoudn't be moved due to Euro ties, its a proper old school 3pm **** off Sky kick-off, plenty of time to soak in the atmosphere/up the lager, and allows folk time to get back to airports for the trip home.

C'mon people, the man asks a good question...what think ye?

Sorry, meant to add...

Home games from January onwards:

Home Sat 13th Jan Newcastle Premiership 15:00
    Home Sat 3rd Feb Man Utd Premiership 15:00
    Home Sat 24th Feb Bolton Premiership 15:00
    Home Sat 17th Mar Watford Premiership 15:00
    Home Sat 31st Mar Reading Premiership 15:00
    Home Mon 9th Apr Blackburn Premiership 15:00
    Home Sat 21st Apr Arsenal Premiership 15:00
    Home Sun 13th May Man City Premiership 15:00

I'd advise against planning that far ahead though, European ties, Carling Cup and FA Cup ties, and Sky can all contribute to messing that fixture list around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

sounds like a plan, we have 2 season tickets and 4 memberships, however i am not sure how strict they are about others using the membership cards.

sikes wrote:
    however i am not sure how strict they are about others using the membership cards.

Not very TBH.

T&Cs say memberships are non-transferable, but in all my time going I've never been challenged to produce ID other than the membership card. Sure I used to book tickets on my uncle's card using my own credit card!

As long as the people using the cards behave themselves in the ground you're fine. They do need to present the card with their ticket at the stiles, but there's no photo ID on 'em yet so that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yep id defo be into going over. Let me know in advance so I can get stuff sorted yeah.
    I hope its cool about the membership cards etc, cos Im goin over this weekend and I have 2 tickets for me and d papa, however he aint a member, I got his ticket on my better halves membership, he could always cross dress
    for the day I suppose !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement