Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goal Alerts , Sky do it again.

• 14-09-2006 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Altho Sky can be bad for something, dunno what that is i get it for football and they are miles ahead of anyone else with coverage and quality of coverage in sound and vision.

This new thing just improves the service, anytime a goal is scored if you are on the interactive screens you press red to see the goal and back up to go back to your chosen match.

Excellent idea and altho the boxes are a bit slow changing screens it works really well.

Now all i need is a more refined 8 match screen , if they cut out the excess borders i could watch all the matches perfectly rather than okish atm :)

Anyone getting the vodafone alerts?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I cant stand watching games on sky every single one of there comentators and pannel are idiots of the highest order. they should hire Giles and Wright and they whould have the complete complement of clusless idiots on thier pannel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I cant stand watching games on sky every single one of there comentators and pannel are idiots of the highest order. they should hire Giles and Wright and they whould have the complete complement of clusless idiots on thier pannel.

Yea, because Dunphy is great, and really knows what he is talking about.

Then of course we have Bill, best presenter in the world?!

i think so.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

never mind the presenters and their stuttering (besides brady - who is growing on me), the direction and production is miserable on rte, and the commentary on both RTE and TV3 for their highlights of the CL games was abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

At least RTE and TV3 don't rip you off by asking you to pay to see the matches. If Sky's coverage is so brilliant, why are they afraid to compete against the other channels. Buying the rights is not competing. That is like me saying to the rest of you: "I think I can run faster than any of you and to prove it we will have a race. One thing though, only the person who has the most money is allowed to run in it." That is all that Sky do. You may not like Dunphy or you may not like Lineker, or you may not like George Hamilton or John Motson, but at least when there is a match on, you have a choice and can decide who is better. They are competing against each other. Sky are just ripping people off and not allowing anyone else in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Flukey wrote:
    At least RTE and TV3 don't rip you off by asking you to pay to see the matches.

I take it you do not pay tax nor a TV licence? A TV licence the proceeds of which are used by RTE to re-brand English football and present to us an inferior version of what English outfits, especially Sky, can offer.

Liam Brady is a great pundit for knowledge and the way he reads the game, but as an Arsenal employee, I cannot believe how people take his opnions on Chelsea seriously, and his pro-Arseal bias means that for me, he should not be even allowed to analyse games involving Arsenal or any other English team.

Say what you like about Sky, but they are bankrolling the Premiership.

Don't think Giles is the worst. He is just as good as Dunphy in that he never complicates things, but isn't prone to the kind of pub talk that Dunphy feels he has to indulge in to keep the viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Thought it was good but they ironed out a few probs on Wed nite I noticed, when Arsenal got a peno the replay just had the peno so you couldnt see what the foul was for

Later on Milan got a peno and they had coverage of how the peno came about and then the peno, seems like they have a feedback forum or people watching because all the lads in the house said it at the Arsenal chance and then impressed when it was changed for the Milan one.

Was very good but flicked over for one goal and came back and Celtic where 1-0 up! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The RTE analysts are by far and away the best there are on our TV screens. Brady has an Arsenal bias, but we all know that so thats okay. Dunphy often lets his personal feelings towards a player or manager destroy his objectivity, but at least its entertaining - and when he doesnt he's actually very good. Giles is the best, without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You get nothing for nothing, if you have a tv licence and an aerialk you get scabby rte and tv3 depending on where you live.

Tv licence and Ntl gets you few more stations with horrendous picture quality digital my arse.

Tv licence and Sky gets you everything quality sound and coverage.

Pc gets you a little window with what looks like a match on it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Flukey wrote:
    At least RTE and TV3 don't rip you off by asking you to pay to see the matches. If Sky's coverage is so brilliant, why are they afraid to compete against the other channels

are you serious? why would they drop the subscription charge? Sky are afraid of other channels? yeah right. and it is only a rip off if you decide to pay for it. the key word being decide, meaning you have a choice

Advertisement