Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Lessons

• 14-09-2006 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

hi all

myself and a friend want to take up Irish classes but want to know where to go. I have been informed that Conradh na Gaeilge would be a good place to start but I can't find the information on the site because it is all as Gaeilge. If someone can make other recommendations or translate the content of the site for me I would be most obliged.

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

I have attended Conradh classes for the Last four years and have found them excellent. When I started I hadn't a word of Irish and am now at a level where I can converse freely with any Irish speaker. The classes focus on spoken Irish, so if you want to brush up on your spelling and reading you need to do a bit of work yourself.
    I am in the process of registering for the Ranganna myself today and can tell you the Ranganna are starting on the 26th, 27th & 28th of this month and cost €180 until christmas, classes are two hours in duration from 7 -9pm and they have six levels from complete beginners to Grammatical accuracy.
    Their website is never really up to date so you are better off calling into their office in Harcourt street, and while you are there you can call into an siopa leabhar and get yourself a textbook to help you brush-up, Buntús cainte and Teach yourself Irish being very useful for me when I started.

go neirí leat

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Here's their number:

(01) 475 7401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Anybody in Cork - Check out:
    Ionad na Gaeilge Labhartha UCC (021)4903329

I signed up this year - I find my Irish goes when you are not using it.

I did this course before --but without practice - you are doomed.

There seems to be a lack of conversational circles etc.

Advertisement