Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverse-graffiti

Options
  • 14-09-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Yes I know it's nothing to do with skeptics, but it's just too wonderful not to share.

Basically there's a graffiti artist in the UK (Paul Curtis) who cleans away dirt and grime to make messages on walls etc.

moose-reverse-graffiti.jpg

British authorities aren’t sure what to make of the artist who is creating graffiti by cleaning the grime of urban life. The Leeds City Council has been considering what to do with Moose. "I’m waiting for the kind of Monty Python court case where exhibit A is a pot of cleaning fluid and exhibit B is a pair of my old socks," he jokes.
    http://www.neatorama.com/2006/09/13/soap-not-spray-can-reverse-graffiti-art/

[mods delete or move if you want!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Seen written on the grime of a car in Dundrum:

"Also a vailable in white"

Problem was, the car was blue...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nice link pH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Who thinks "the selective cleaning of public spaces" should be a crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shay7

What he’s doing shouldn’t be a crime. But if selective cleaning became perfectly legal advertisers and less scrupulous graffiti artists might abuse the technique.

It’s pretty easy to write “Mick loves Mary” on a dirty wall with a power hose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davidoc

It's a nice concept and the example posted is quite pretty, but look at their website
    http://www.symbollix.com/main.html. Their previous clients include Smirnoff, Microsoft (for Xbox), and Channel 4 (for Big Brother). Commercial graffiti? Yuck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement