Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding in Chamonix

Options
  • 14-09-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So anybody been?

Read reviews and everything and it all sounds great. Only we are on the cheap, so are we better trying to find a place to say somewhere else like Les Praz or Argentiere? And how are these served by lifts? I've read a lot about buses, is there any way to avoid these? And where are the parks?

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭boarderco

yeah, its pretty sweet over there! 3 valleys to get to grips with,
    obe glacier to ride down. escourted by guide, 26k. fuking nuts!!
    theres a bar there to with a little mini ramp init, its called 9bar i think?
    only badish is that ya gotta geta bus to all the slopes if ya in the city but its free!
    have yaself a ball .
    peace out
    wg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭Enduro

If you're going to stick to on-piste areas / snow parks then I wouldn't recommend it. There all tend to be crowded, and the lift system isn't the best either, and can also get very queue-y.

If you're heading off-piste, then its great. Chamonix is the outdoor sports capitol of Europe. A guide is recommended though. Its a particularly easy place to kill yourself.

Cheap places can be found in Chamonix if you look hard enough. Argentiere is a much quiter town, but is where the better pisted slopes are. The only way to avoid the buses is either to stick to areas you can walk to, or rent a car. I don't mind the buses though. You get used to them surprisingly quickly. Its the queues for the lifts that annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

One of the first things I read about Chamonix was that it was the "death sport capitol of the world".

I've been curious ever since!!

Advertisement