Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Red ear Terrapin

Options
  • 14-09-2006 1:17pm

I am looking for a read ear terrapin. Just a Baby , but i cant seem to find them anywere. I can find normal Yellow Belly turtles but no red ear.
    Does anybody know of a place that sells them ?

Comments

anybody ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Funnilly enough they are hard to find these days, cant say Im unhappy about that, the amount that died over here or were'nt looked after properly is insane.

Faye (bond007) mentioned having laid eggs last summer, dunno if she had any hatch?

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

None hatched :(

Maybe they will lay eggs again next year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

aww...
    Hopefully, I was amazed they did so soon :)
    Maybe giles is sterile? ;)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

actually its a tiny male that we also took in that is the randy one! Hes soooooo small compaired to the big un's! The eggs were laid in the water so I suspect that was the problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

RES aren't the best reptiles to keep as pets IMO.

Firstly, they can be aggressive, you have to clean out their filter on a daily basis and they carry a risk of salmonella

Advertisement