Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Skoda Octavia Elegance...

Options
  • 14-09-2006 1:48pm

...work colleague looking at a new Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.9 Tdifor €24,000.

Any Skoda Octavia drivers out there or any opinions from anyone who has had a look at them? Anything she should know, are Skoda changing the model, is it light on fuel, is it solid (driving in a rural area so some cars deteriorate quickly).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

As far as value for money goes, not much else can touch the Skoda. The model on sale only changed in 05 so won't be due to change for a while (previous model was around about 8 years). Of all the vehicles that share that engine / platform the Skoda gives the least trouble.

The 1.9Tdi has been around for quite some time and I think all the gremlins have now been ironed out - absolute flier with a few miles on it. If they are worried about poor roads in rural areas Skoda offer a "rough road package" - uprated shocks and underbody protection.

Can't think of anything else with that level of space and specification for the price, but it will depreciate faster than a diesel golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

TDi should be light on fuel. I had the last generatiion Octavia in a TDi and consistently averaged over 55mpg with it (at least).
    The new model should be as good.

The new type octavia came available late '04, so shouldn't be due for upgrade until around 2012 (usually 8 year cycle)

As regards the car itself: currently have a '05 Elegance 1.6 petrol.
    Good car to drive, holds the road well. Comfortable. Air-con is great.

€24k looks cheap for an Elegance? List is >€25k....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

...work colleague looking at a new Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.9 Tdifor €24,000.

Any Skoda Octavia drivers out there or any opinions from anyone who has had a look at them? Anything she should know, are Skoda changing the model, is it light on fuel, is it solid (driving in a rural area so some cars deteriorate quickly).

The current Octavia has been around since mid 2004 so a very mild facelift is probably not due until early 2008. A new model probably not until 2010.

The Octavia 1.9 TDi Elegance retails at €26,000. Is the €24,000 she is being quoted a straight cash deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've got one on my short list also for 2007 but an estate version. Check out Briskoda, they've got plenty info there on them.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/new-octavia/

I think that engine should average high 40's mpg wise. List price is 25,750 so with cash you would probably get it for 24k.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

I've had 3 Octavias, 1 mk1 and 2 mk2's, current one is a 1.9tdi Elegance. No problems whatsoever so far (touch wood). I avg about 50mpg in a 50:50 split between city and motorway driving. Very good car on back roads, steering is direct, excellent brakes, suspension is set up slighter softer than Golfs/A3 so more suited to Irish roads.
    Only things I can thing of to look out for are;
    The PD diesel power delivery can take a bit of getting used to. It can be very on/off so you end up stalling and cutting out but its not an issue when you get used to it.
    Keep an eye out on the oil consumption. After about the first 15k they need about a half litre top up with the long life oil, then it settles down.
    Agree with everyone else, your friend will be doing well to get a Elegance 1.9tdi model for €24k, MDL are selling as many as they can get in at the moment so there is no need to offer discounts like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Absolutely. The best car you can buy for that kind of money and the Elegance trim is the best (not sure if they are still offering the Laurin & Clement options these were top class trim).

I don't think there's an L&K trim for the new Octavia yet.

After all, they've only just started to offer this trim on the Superb, which is due to be replaced in the next 2 years anyway....

L&K is available in the UK.....lucky gits

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It BeeMee wrote:
    I don't think there's an L&K trim for the new Octavia yet.

After all, they've only just started to offer this trim on the Superb, which is due to be replaced in the next 2 years anyway....

I think you can get the L&K trim as a special order though the Elegance model is pretty well equipped as it is, add leather seats and it does the business.

The Superb has just received a facelift so don't expect a new car (based on the current B6 Passat) for at least another 2 years.

On another note the new Octavia vRS is now available with the 2.0 TDi engine and 170bhp at under €34k.

Elegance in the UK comes standard with 16" alloys & cruise control....over here its 15" alloys and no cruise.

• Advertisement

And they get the CD changer, auto rear mirror and parking sensors as well......

They do have to pay extra for the front foglights, though.....

It BeeMee wrote:

They do have to pay extra for the front foglights, though.....
    ya sure about that? can't find any mention of it on the uk website.

I haven't seen too many estates around in the Mk2 Octavia...what do people think the best colour choice would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I haven't seen too many estates around in the Mk2 Octavia...what do people think the best colour choice would be?

The estate is the nicest looking of the range, especially if you fit 17" alloys!

I like the graphite grey.

maidhc wrote:
    The estate is the nicest looking of the range, especially if you fit 17" alloys!

I like the graphite grey.
    I think the low profile tyres on the 17" alloys would be too hard for these roads, but have to agree they look good. I've seen a good few Octavias lately and not sure if they are Graphite Grey....does it have a very slight blue hue to it? Wife said she saw a deep sea blue metallic and liked it but I'm more towards the Diamond Silver. Pity they didn't give the Quarz Grey Metallic that comes with the Audis.

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. She's going ahead with it anyway - €24,100 is the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭horse7

i see skoda have a new superb out ,does anyone know of a new octavia coming soon,would be nice for july:D

Advertisement