Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone help with a query re. RAZR V3?

• 14-09-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

I wonder if someone with a RAZR V3 might be able to help me. I'm thinking of getting one but I need a phone that has a one-touch call-recording function.

The RAZR V3 has a "Voice Button" on the side of the handset that activates a voice recorder. What I want to know is this: if I press that button during a phone call, will it record both sides of the call?

Also, if you happen to know, will that function still work if I'm using a bluetooth headset?

I'm a professional driver and often get directions over the phone so I like to be able to record them easily. Many phones ask you to go through several button-pushes and menus to get the voice recorder working.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Avoid the V3 like the plague. The reliability on those is...... shocking. Sent enough of them off for repair in my time!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

seconding neilled. Its a travesty of a handset.

To answer your question and not attack the phone, yes, holding the button during a call will record it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Karsini wrote:
    To answer your question and not attack the phone, yes, holding the button during a call will record it.
    no it won't because the phone will break before you get a chance to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yes, it works, but honestly, I wouldn't rely on the phone. You could get a good one but it's more unlikely than likely, I'm afraid. It's really just software issues with it, which is a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I wonder if someone with a RAZR V3 might be able to help me. I'm thinking of getting one but I need a phone that has a one-touch call-recording function.

The RAZR V3 has a "Voice Button" on the side of the handset that activates a voice recorder. What I want to know is this: if I press that button during a phone call, will it record both sides of the call?

Also, if you happen to know, will that function still work if I'm using a bluetooth headset?

I'm a professional driver and often get directions over the phone so I like to be able to record them easily. Many phones ask you to go through several button-pushes and menus to get the voice recorder working.

Thanks.

Yes it does work and is a great feature on the V3 but i am the "proud" owner of one and honestly i cant wait to get rid of the fecking thing. I was going to throw it into the river and claim from my insurance but i figure they will just send me another one.
    Im due an upgrade in Jan 07 and the second jan comes i off to the shop for a new phone - not before i throw this in the river, get a new one and sell it on to make up for everything the V3 has put me through.

Stick to good old reliable nokia or something like that.

Anyone recommend a good phone to pick up on an upgrade with meteor or o2 that has sound software.

Anyway long story short - Motorola V3 - BIG NO NO

BLACKDRAGONS V3 RATING - 1/10 (One coz you can make calls and send txt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

I agree with BlackDragon.....I hate Motorolas. Working in a phone shop, I have had many people complain to me about the V3. There's always a problem. Turning themselves off etc....

BlackDragon, have you thought about Sony Ericsson for your upgrade. They are bringing some nice ones out this side of Xmas. They are up there with Nokia as the most reliable I think! Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

sambora wrote:
    I agree with BlackDragon.....I hate Motorolas. Working in a phone shop, I have had many people complain to me about the V3. There's always a problem. Turning themselves off etc....

BlackDragon, have you thought about Sony Ericsson for your upgrade. They are bringing some nice ones out this side of Xmas. They are up there with Nokia as the most reliable I think! Good luck

Thanks for the advice - will look into Sony Ericsson 4 sure.
    :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Lots of people seem to have problems but I had a V3 for 1.5 yrs and have never had a problem with it. texting takes a bit of getting used to and the GUI is slow. Other then that I like it. I love the size of the unit. Ironically I just switched to a K750i (wanted a better camera) and have to return it!

Advertisement