Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom 105.2 to launch on Halloween. Recruitment Update - Sep 22nd.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

*gahh* waiting
    i suck at this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Onamission wrote:
    Hey Pete,

Just a couple of questions regarding recruitment if you have a chance to answer them (which I've no doubt you haven't, but I'm going to chance it anyway!):
    Will you guys be getting back to everyone you interviewed, or just those who are successful? If so, when do you think it might be? Also, will you be contacting applicants by telephone or post?

Hope you're all managing despite the insane busyness.

Cheers.

Long days, slow replies!

Yes, we will be getting back to everyone we interviewed. The successful ones we will be calling on the phone and the others will be contacted by post as soon as possible. We have a fair bit to get through though so it might take a while!

For now, sleep, long day tomorrow!

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

:) thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭JackHyland

YYYAAAWWWNNNN! Aaahh! Sorry, I was asleep. Did I miss anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Onamission

Yep, you're Phantom's very own angel. Cheers Pete!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

How are the "long days" going?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

What time will the celebrations be kicking off? .......... cos i really want to see the warlords of pez next door as well......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Persephone

Hi Pete
    I know someone who got a show so does that mean that all the presenter gigs have been filled?

Persephone wrote:
    Hi Pete
    I know someone who got a show so does that mean that all the presenter gigs have been filled?

Hi there,

Nope, doesnt mean that just yet. We are filling shows as we progress through shortlisting etc but I cant imagine us having all the slots filled before late next week. Some roles are easier to fill than others as you can imagine. And all the time, the pages keep getting torn off the calendar on the desk....

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Pete, any news from Sir Gerard of Roe on when test transmissions will be starting? And will he be looking for reception reports?? Ta muchly.

• Advertisement

DMC wrote:
    Pete, any news from Sir Gerard of Roe on when test transmissions will be starting? And will he be looking for reception reports?? Ta muchly.

Hi DMC,

Test transmissions will start as soon as we get contract stuff signed with the BCI. Probably just a few days before launch (on 105.2 for those who still dont know!). Yes, certainly we will be looking for reception reports and Im sure Sir Gerard will be delighted to get them! We should be able to tell more about dates, times and programmes after next Wednesday when we get some bits sorted. 17 days to go! Panic? Never.

Kind Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Please Please Please
    Could you please record the opening and put it up as a podcast as many of us here in Cyberland would like to have this historic ocassion to put in our collections....... Will you still be doing podcasts when you go live?
    Best of luck to all and who said dreams cant come true.......
    From Coast to Coast this is Phantomfm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Pete Reed wrote:
    Test transmissions will start as soon as we get contract stuff signed with the BCI. Probably just a few days before launch (on 105.2 for those who still dont know!). Yes, certainly we will be looking for reception reports and Im sure Sir Gerard will be delighted to get them! We should be able to tell more about dates, times and programmes after next Wednesday when we get some bits sorted. 17 days to go! Panic? Never.

Splendid stuff, thanks Pete. :)

Its true what they say; the sooner a date gets closer, the farther away it appears! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Eddie Specs

cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Hey Pete just thought I would ask, are you going to get contact information for the station out before launch (text numbers and all that)?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Hi Pete,Just wondering will there be any room in the schedule for anorak material in some form or other?

Best Wishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hey Pete just thought I would ask, are you going to get contact information for the station out before launch (text numbers and all that)?

If I can answer on Petes behalh ... Yes, we will be! Our new address is on the web site and we'll be confirming all the new text number and phone numbers in the coming weeks (text line will not be in use till closer to the launch).

Contact details will be at: http://www.phantomfm.com/about/contact.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

:)

:) what roxy said

I'll miss the old phone number.. it had a certain ring to it.. get it huh huh.. ring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Rockiemalt wrote:
    :) what roxy said

I'll miss the old phone number.. it had a certain ring to it.. get it huh huh.. ring...

heh, you said "certain".

no, wait..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

*twitches with impatience*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

this will probably be the biggest audience ever to tune into a "brand new" station at the very start!

Cannae wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

was just tuning in my tv with rabbit ears in greystones and i'm getting phantom about 2 thirds of the way through the VL band (on TV).

Was listening for about ten minutes - fuzzy screen (No pics etc) but perfect sound - could hear "this is phantom fm 105.2 on a test transmission" :)

phantoms on the telly too?!

Advertisement