Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Standard Configuration

• 14-09-2006 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

Introduction

If you have recently moved to Meteor and held onto your old handset purchased from a different operator or if you are having trouble connecting to Meteor services follow these instructions. This guide has been tested and works 100% on Nokia 6230i and 6101 models and will work for most of the other models.

The procedure for a 6230 is below

The procedure will involve removing all existing settings from your phone including MMS. Web, Email, Synchronisation, etc and then instal new MMS and Browser settings that are guaranteed to work

Step 1 Delete all existing settings

A) Select menu > settings > configuration > Default configuration settings > options > delete

Repeat step A until all settings have been removed

B) Select menu > settings > configuration > Personal configuration settings > Delete all

C) Select menu > settings > configuration > Preferred Access Point should be empty

Step 2 Instal New Settings

A) Go to https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/standard?siteLanguageId=118 and follow the instructions to get standard settings for Meteor Ireland. Record the PIN

B) After a few minutes you will receive a message on your phone "Configuration settings received Meteor ISP"

C) Select Show > Save > Enter the PIN shown recorded above if requested

D) Select menu > settings > Configuration > Activate Default in all Applications > Meteor ISP highlighted > Options > Set as Default

E) Select menu > settings > Configuration > Preferred Access Point > Meteor ISP

Step 3 Configure Web Settings

Some users would like the choice of using either
    Meteor WAP GPRS to access the Meteor homepage or
    Meteor ISP to access other pages on the web or to use chat programmes or to use their handset to connect a PC / laptop to the web.

The default setting is the first one so if you want to change here's how

A) Select menu > web > settings > configuration settings > configuration should be left as "default"

B) Select menu > web > settings ? configuration settings > Account > scroll to "Meteor ISP" > select > end call key to get back to standby mode

Conclusion

Provided that Meteor have enabled your account for Web Access through isp, you should now be able to proceed to browsing the web.

If you get a message prompting you to subscribe to GPRS either your account has not been enabled or you have a non Meteor SIM card inserted in the phone.

Please leave feedback if this procedure works for your phone and include the model number to help other users

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

If you have need to configure for O2 use the following procedure

Step 1
    Same procedure as for Meteor

Step 2

A) Get settings from the same site for O2 Ireland being careful to choose either post paid or prepay options

B) As Above

C) As Above

D) Activate either Value Prepay or Value Postpay depending on whether you are speakeasy or contract respectively

E) Activate Value pre/postpay as the preferred access point

Step 3

Use the same procedure to select either O2 WAP GPRS or Value Prepay / Postpay under the Account heading. Value Prepay / Postpay is the isp service to use chat programmes or to use your handset to connect a PC / laptop to the web.

AFAIK, Vodafone, when shipping their phones only have Vf Live and Circuit Switch Dial up enabled.

Please follow the above procedures for deleting all existing settings from your phone.

In step 3, the account required for isp access is "Vodafone"

Please note that if you have been with Vodafone for some time or if you previously did not have a browser phone, you will need to contact them directly to enable data services. It is only relatively recently that PAYG customers could access the ISP service.

A word of caution for post paid Vf customers, each session costs a minimum of 20c

This procedure also safeguards the MMS settings on your phone

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Excellent stuff. That worked perfect on my 6230i. Fair play to you

Now if only someone could do a step by step guide like this for the SE K700i. I have it working with the k700i but @the 2c rate.

• Advertisement

In order to delete existing settings on your phone enter the following

*#335738# , scroll to each setting and select delete.

Then go to Nokia website as above and you will receive at least three SMS config messages.

In order to configure your phone then

menu > web > settings > connection settings > active web settings >

Select your choice of web setting from the following list of potential sites
    Meteor WAP GPRS / Meteor ISP
    O2 Wap pre/postpay / Value pre/postpay
    Vf Live! / Vf ISP

The second option for each respective operator is the ISP option

In order to ensure your MMS will work correctly,
    menu > messages > message settings > multimedia msgs.> connection settings > Active multimedia settings (1) > ensure that either
    Meteor MMS GPRS or O2MMS pre/postpay or Vf MMS is activated depending on your operator.

It is most important at Step 2E to press "ACTIVATE" on the preferred access point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Aquos76 wrote:
    Now if only someone could do a step by step guide like this for the SE K700i. I have it working with the k700i but @the 2c rate.

Sony's web site will also send you the setting for Vodafone, O2 and Meteor.

Just delete old connections and go to the support area of the web site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marykate70

I have a nokia 6101 and i have it working,I also have a nokia 6103 but i cant get isp settings on preferred access point im with metoer.Can anyone tell me if 6103 is compatible.Person on metoer site didnt think it was compatible but said they would request it.appreciate any info thanks!

marykate70 wrote:
    I have a nokia 6101 and i have it working,I also have a nokia 6103 but i cant get isp settings on preferred access point im with metoer.Can anyone tell me if 6103 is compatible.Person on metoer site didnt think it was compatible but said they would request it.appreciate any info thanks!

6103 is only a 6101 with bluetooth and will work
    same procedure as 6230i above

&same procedure for 6020

• Advertisement

Troubleshooting

Error Get message subscribe to packet data first

Remedy Activate the access point for your provider
    When you select the access point >> options >> Details>> it will show the following depending on which provider you use

Vodafone RTG & Billpay
    Vf ISP
    Data bearer: GPRS
    GPRS access point: isp.vodafone.ie

Meteor RTG & Billpay
    Meteor ISP
    Data bearer : GPRS
    GPRS access point : isp.mymeteor.ie

O2 Prepay
    Value prepay
    GPRS access point : pp.internet

O2 Billpay
    Value Postpay
    GPRS access point : internet

The ONLY place you'll get these settings sent to your phone is here

yapyap wrote:
    6103 is only a 6101 with bluetooth and will work
    same procedure as 6230i above

&same procedure for 6020

Thats what I thought, but on the 6230i and also the 6101 in the preferred access point on both of these "meteor isp" is selected, but on the 6103 its empty and there is no way to select meteor isp, even after "activate default in all applications.

Following exactly the same procedure on both the 6101 & 6103, Aft will only work on the 6101.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Thats what I thought, but on the 6230i and also the 6101 in the preferred access point on both of these "meteor isp" is selected, but on the 6103 its empty and there is no way to select meteor isp, even after "activate default in all applications.

Following exactly the same procedure on both the 6101 & 6103, Aft will only work on the 6101.

i don't have a 6103 but note the absense of an option to select Meteor ISP as the preferred access point...... have had a look at the manual and the settings menu looks the same as the 6101 and the 6230i among others........ so the first think I'd try is to delete all the existing settings again and download settings for a Nokia 6230i or Nokia 6101......and tell me how you get on...... Don't worry these settings won't bite!.....settings are not strictly model specific just platform

Otherwise on the Nokia 6103 you can create a personal configuration settinh for the preferred access point but the above is much easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marykate70

I followed all the steps you posted yapyap i have isp in default configuration settings &preffered access point.I got settings for 6230i as you said, it allowes me to go so far as sending message!but then says there was a problem sending message.I have it working on 6101 but it wont work on my 6103.must be the phone i guess. Thanks for your help anyway yapyap!

marykate70 wrote:
    I followed all the steps you posted yapyap i have isp in default configuration settings &preffered access point.I got settings for 6230i as you said, it allowes me to go so far as sending message!but then says there was a problem sending message.I have it working on 6101 but it wont work on my 6103.must be the phone i guess. Thanks for your help anyway yapyap!

Have you checked that the account being used on the 6103 is activated for isp. Don't take Meteor CS word for it - try it out in the 6101
    If you are 100% certain it is activated pm me and I will give you something else to try out.

Advertisement