Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Selling Cars in Ireland?

• 14-09-2006 3:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know which cars are most popular in Ireland? Which ones have the highest demand and turn over the most in the car yards or private adds etc. I'm not talking new sales figures, more the 2nd hand market cars that are just a couple of years old etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

hatchbacks... golfs, polo, fiestas, micras and puntos even though they aint great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

HAS to be the Micra or Corsa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Golfs seem to have the best residual values. Ford Focus hatchbacks are very popular too. The saloons aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Manufacturer is usually Toyota and then Ford. Car is usually either Focus/Corolla/Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Try the CSO's website

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Basically a mate of mine has been very sucessfull in going to the UK, buying a car (usually a BMW 3 series), bringing it home, pay all duties etc, drive it for a few months and then sell it for a nice little profit. However, being BMW's they sometimes can take some time to sell.

If you spend time searching you can find some read bargains, and I think that generally people take better care of their cars in the UK. I was wondering what cars might be the best best for finding good deals and bringing them in. Perhaps Golfs & Focus might be a good bet.

UK cars are usually a much higher spec than their Irish equivalents too, which can give you an edge when selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

TDi golfs, passats and A4's are probably the best bet.

Hatchbacks usually sell in much greater numbers than any other type of car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've pondered doing this sort of thing but reached the conclusion that I can't be arsed.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Since no one else will do it,

By Make
    END AUG

Toyota 23,449
    Ford 18,648
    Vw 18,645 (3 behind)

By Car

1 Focus
    2 Corolla
    3 Avensis
    4 Passat
    5 Golf
    6 Astra
    7 Yaris
    8 Almera
    9 Fiesta
    10 Octavia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bit surprised to see the Almera there. must be pre-reg season again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No French cars! Bet the UK top 10 has a couple.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

wonder how patriotic they'll be with the 207?

Peug206Redund.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ribbonboy

Zascar wrote: »
    Does anyone know which cars are most popular in Ireland? Which ones have the highest demand and turn over the most in the car yards or private adds etc. I'm not talking new sales figures, more the 2nd hand market cars that are just a couple of years old etc.
    Thanks
    the ford focus was the best selling car for 8 of the last ten years so i'd imagine that'd be the most available second hand car, also because their so reliable i'd imagine a lot of even the earliest ones are still on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Zombie thread.

Kill... Kill... Kill..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

I thought the Nissan Quashqai was the best selling car last year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement