Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how long more I have to wait

• 14-09-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

I've recently move to 14 miles outside of Galway City, and I exhausted every wireless provider I could think of and finally settled for the locally run Clarinbridge Broadband. They came out and did a signal test and I didn't hear from them again for a month and a half, when they told me they'd have to come out and do another test with a longer pole. This was grand but then they told me that they can't connect me to the transmitter they thought they could but they will be able to connect me to a different one. That was 3 weeks ago and still nothing.
    At this point its 3 months or so since I contacted them and no sign of anything happening. I keep politely emailing them and every so often I'l get a reply but I'm starting to get a bit pi$$ed.
    There is an old telephone line in the house but I would have to go and get it reconnected and we're pretty far out so I doubt the line has been upgraded.

Any suggestions would be a big help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If there was an existing line connected to your house, I think it's free for Eircom to reactivate it. When that's done, wait about 2 weeks then try a line test for DSL. If it fails, cancel your line. You will have to pay one month rental to Eircom. If it passes, happy days. If it's amber, you still might get BB.

Worth a shot. Do it today. It takes time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

hamsterboy wrote:
    There is an old telephone line in the house but I would have to go and get it reconnected and we're pretty far out so I doubt the line has been upgraded.
    Check all of your neighbours phone numbers to see whether they pass for DSL. If some of them pass, then it's worth looking into the phone line option.

Advertisement