Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spec me up sticky

• 14-09-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Didnt there used to be a sticky here with 3 pc specs in it, budget, mid range and mental/high end? Whatever happened to it?

I ask as i am currently saving to build a pc at christmas, and its been such a while since my last build (Abit KR7A-RAID, Athlon 1900 etc) that i havent a feckin clue what to look for, and am (shock horror) leaning towards a pre-built system from Scan or Overclockers.co.uk (sorry if mentioning them breaks any rules)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Im a custom-PC reader, but im still feckin baffled by the range of technologies available now, and how quickly they become obsolete!! All i want to do is play games :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Budget?
    What exactly do you need ie. do you need monitor, keyboard etc?
    Peeps here will guide you in the right direction, no need for a sticky. Things are changing soooooooo quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

I'll have a budget of about €1800 (maybe 2000), and im gonna need a monitor, a TFT please!! No need for keyboard/mouse

My spec so far is the following:

1x Antec P180
    1x Seasonic S12-600
    1x Bitchin Gaming Rig :D

What Im thinking is going for Conroe, or Kentsfield (if its available), SATA drives, 1 graphics card, but the option to add a second in SLI/CrossFire (or whatever), nice sound system, but im not too pushed, i'll settle for onboard sound, nice feature set on the MoBo (GigE, Wireless if possible, etc)

But the overall thing i want is here to be quiet, so there'll be 120mm fans only!!

Edit: Im very much liking the look of your own rig Pog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Some good choices in this thread; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054990665
    Adjust it to suit your own needs. I'd go for E6600 conroe, Asus P5W DH Deluxe (supports xfire) mobo & 512mb gpu.

Advertisement