Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Laptop / Dell Outlet?

• 14-09-2006 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Just looking at buying a laptop for college, would be using all the normal college stuff internet/e-mail etc, i'm doing law so wouldn't need a high powered one for any course work, and only play the odd game, but usually Football Manager types which wouldn't have very sophisticated graphics, would just like a nice, reliable machine which isn't too big or noisy

I want to spend around €700ish, so i'm looking at perhaps a dell.
    I've ordered desktops from dell.ie several times and they've been good.
    Was just wondering is there much difference between an Inspiron 1300 and 6400 if it has the same spec, and also another q are the outlet desktops new / where do the discounts come from?

What about this from the outlet?

System Price EUR 701.66
    Inspiron 6400 Duo Processor T2050 (1.60 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 533 MHz FSB)
    Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition

Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
    Memory: 1024MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
    Floppy Drive: No Floppy Drive
    Hard Disk Drive: 100GB (5, 400 rpm) Hard Drive
    Video: 128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300 graphics card
    NoteBook Screen: 15.4 Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT Display
    Modem: Internal 56K Modem
    DVD Drive: 8X DVD+/-RW
    Software: English - Microsoft Works 8
    Microsoft® Works® 7.0
    English - Adobe Reader 6.0
    MISC: UK/Ire - Internal Keyboard
    65W AC Adapter
    NO SNAP COVER OPTION

One thing is it says nothing about a wireless card, but it doesnt say this on any of the notebooks from the outlet, i assumed these are pretty much standard on such machines these days, would it be included/
    Any help?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Dont forget Dell outlet prices dont include vat @ 21% or delivery in the price you see as far as I know....as for the wireless card I'd say theres on onboard on that machine as they are pretty standard these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The wireless card is included in the inspiron 6400 AFAIK, if not you can pick one up really cheaply. Looks like a pretty good deal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looks fine for what you wish to use it for, wireless cards can be bought cheaply if there is none included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

thanks for the replies, anyone know what would be the difference between this and an inspiron 1300 which has much the same spec, minus the graphics card, and would be about €150 cheaper? Is there any difference in weight/quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

• Advertisement
Advertisement