Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly If Interested

Options
  • 14-09-2006 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Howya Lads, this may be for Seansouth (The Gaffer).

Monkstown Pool & Fitness are running a winter football league. My job are thinking about entering a team (we have about 10 players) and are looking for a friendly to see how we would fair out.

Now the pitches are 7 a side, so if you's have 14 players each player gets a half. And also you can work out what positions may suit each player.

The Pitch cost €60 per, so we will split the cost €30 each.

Our players would be of average standard some good (ie have played Sunday football) some not so good .

If you guys are interested let know and I'll try get and day/hour that suits us both.

Cheers lads and best of luck for the season,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sounds good, maybe for before next Thursday, but what do I know... I'm not the gaffer!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Sounds good, maybe for before next Thursday, but what do I know... I'm not the gaffer!

:D

Quiet you! or you will get dropped again! :D

Sounds like a good idea. Gaffers call on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MBC wrote:
    Howya Lads, this may be for Seansouth (The Gaffer).

Monkstown Pool & Fitness are running a winter football league. My job are thinking about entering a team (we have about 10 players) and are looking for a friendly to see how we would fair out.

Now the pitches are 7 a side, so if you's have 14 players each player gets a half. And also you can work out what positions may suit each player.

The Pitch cost €60 per, so we will split the cost €30 each.

Our players would be of average standard some good (ie have played Sunday football) some not so good .

If you guys are interested let know and I'll try get and day/hour that suits us both.

Cheers lads and best of luck for the season,
    Any chance you'd be up for an eleven a side?

We could share players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

We would prefer to play a 7 aside as a 11 aside wouldn't really be that beneficial to us playing in a 7 a side league.

Also there is a good few of the lads can't make it next week so how does Friday 29th at 8.30pm suit you's???? I know its a while away its the only slot available after 7 o'clock that week.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

A friday night? :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's reserved for my good friend beer.

• Advertisement

L5 wrote:
    A friday night? :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's reserved for my good friend beer.

Hey were's the dedication lads......:D It was the only night available that week after 7.

If you guys can get a different pitch for that week let me know and I'll try and persuade the lads to venture..........but be warned they are very lazy and don't like going outside the norm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

We'll probably have a match on a weeknight on the week starting the 25th, so I'm not sure whether another one so soon would be helpful.

Next week might be better, if at all possible?

Was thinking that alright as i think our league starts the week after. "We'll probably have a match on a weeknight on the week starting the 25th".

"Next week might be better, if at all possible?" A lot of the lads have stuff on next week.

I think we'll leave it lads, but if you have a week when you's have no game give me a shout and we'll try again.

Best of luck hope you's do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think it's best alright, we want 11-a-side, you want 7.

We'll prob be playing the night before too.

Cheers for the offer anyway, and best of luck to you too. :)

Advertisement