Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.NET(2) Development Partner Needed

Options
  • 14-09-2006 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Hi all

We've been working with a .NET developer for some time now since the work we do in-house tends to be open source web development. He is not able to continue with this arrangement, the details of which are not relevant here.

This arrangement has worked very well over a period of years and meant that we have been able to do Windows development for our existing clients which otherwise have gone to someone else. So we need to do a database done in .NET2 and MS_SQL pretty quickly and we now have no one to do it.

We’re looking for new partners to form a long term arrangement with, we supply the work. Obviously this partner would have to have structures already in place so that work can be turned around as quickly as possible. Our last guy had a very decent development environment set up so that things didn’t need to be done from scratch and we are looking for this again. I’m hoping that this can be in .NET2.

Anyway we’re honest guys and very easy to deal with so we would expect the same from any potential partners.

We’d love to hear from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

We don't have that many Windows jobs so it could be something part-time or even done outside your normal working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

More information is needed, are you looking for a MS SQL Database developed and if so where does the .Net development come in, are you looking for middle tier development to support this database ? leaving a developer to finish off an interface ?

also can you clarify :-

"Obviously this partner would have to have structures already in place so that work can be turned around as quickly as possible"

Thanks

It a system sitting in an office. The database is stored on their server and the .NET application running at the front end.

To Clarify: There is a lot of tools and code out there for .NET so that not everything has to be done from scratch. Our previous developer had had bought in and created several different tools so that he could turn things around as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I have a few more questions I hope you don't mind answering :

When is this project required for ?
    What's the estimated development time ?
    Are you looking to have a traditional interface or asp interface ?
    Do you have design requirements from the client ?
    Do you know the name of the software that the previous developer used , I presume its some form of CSLA dev tool like :
    http://www.shoutsoft.com/Public/WebModules/productoverview.aspx?prodid=2
    Do you have language you require the development to be done in ?
    What kind of post development support is required ?
    What do you require off the developer at the end of the project ? documentation etc ?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Working on your site or remotely?

• Advertisement

The whole thing sits in their office which there is no remote access to. It will interact with an online database where some of the master information is stored but this doesn't need to be live. Any online stuff would be done by us, the application can comunicate with online data by http requests.

I'm looking for it to be done as soon as.
    I have complete requirements for it.
    There is no set view of the what kind of interface, only that it meets the requirements.
    No idea what tools the previous guy used. We told him what we wanted and he made it happen.
    Laungage not particularly important, just that is does what it's suppossed to do.
    Very little post development support, assuming the application does what it's supposed to do.
    Very little required from the developer at the end.

We have no issue with where the work is done only that is done and done correctly.

Advertisement