Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inline Skating

Options
  • 14-09-2006 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I used to roller blade quite a bit when I was younger. I want to start again but start doing tricks and stuff. I need to know about makes and manufacturers.

Which are the best skates to get for tricks? I don't want ordinary skates, one's that are good for tricks.

Thanks,

Timans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Give clive a ring at skatecity in temple bar, he should be able to give you some advice, and he does stock blades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

I would recomend USD thrones, They are really nice to skate, and i think they are around €180! If your only starting to skate aggressive then i'd reccomend RollerBlade TRS Downtowns! they are around €120! And not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I've heard Skate City is overpriced. Are there any other places I could get rollerblades? (though I don't want them for tricks n stuff)
    And how much are helmets and the knee and wrist things?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Fridge, I don't think you'll find much if any difference in clives and elsewhere in Dublin. Best option would be to order off an online shop if the price is right I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Which would you recommend for a starter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

i'd get anarchys for a starter like me :D

NO, anarchy's are HORIBLE to skate, Never buy them! I'd recomend Rollerblade TRS downtowns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

I have anarchys now and there great

You havnt skated anything else then!!! Thrones all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

asto wrote:
    i'd reccomend RollerBlade TRS Downtowns! they are around €120!

Is that price in an irish shop or off the interweb?
    if it is in an irish shop which one?

• Advertisement

Off Grindhouse

They charge p&p of €10 no matter what you buy, And also they Run on COD (cash on delivery) So you dont need a credit card!

EDIT : I checked in skate city today and the Downtown II's are only €200 so i might just get them from there for peace of mind...

Yeah go for that man, thats quite reasonable!

im guessing u skate lucan mostly yeah?
    i live in maynooth so ill probably see you there as soon as i get my skates!

Yeah, i skate in Lucan, cause i live there! Ahh yeah, get out and skate man!

oh yeah?cool :)
    yeah i will, as i said gotta raise €200 for a new pair of TRS then i'll be out all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Been trawling trough threads here last hour or so.

This is one thats really tempting me to get my blades to dublin to skate, been over 8 years with the exception of going to rampcity a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

well, nows the time to get them since lucan and bushey skateparks are now open

Advertisement