Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€€€€ estimate to plumb house.

Options
  • 14-09-2006 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

All,

I've asked a plumber to quote to plumb my house and the quote I've received seemed a bit excessive. Anyone wanna take a stab at how much they reckon it should cost to plumb the following -

~ 2000 sq ft dormer
    - all raise floors downstairs so no pipes sunk in concrete.
    - 1 bathrom downstairs (toilet & handbasin only).
    - Usual kitchen (sink, washing machine/dish washer etc)
    - 1 bathroom upstairs (toilet, shower, bath, handbasin)
    - 1 ensuite upstairs (toilet, shower,bath, handbasin)
    - hot press..
    - radiators ~10

Anyone? (I will publish the quote I got later)

Jayoo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

10,500 euro
    add to your list a standard oil boiler/burner and oil tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

thx Davidoco :-)

That sound about right to everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Is it labour and materials or labour only?

I have oil boiler, 17 rads, downstairs loo & basin, bathroom and two en-suites, all rads plumbed out of the wall. Cost me €5,750 labour only. Materials were about the same.

Same plumber charged my next door neighbour €12,500 labour only for similar house right after mine! Ouch!

invest4deepvalue.com

This is for labour and materials, rads. It doesnt include bath/shower/toilet/handbasin (obviously as I need to decide these myself). Are you saying ur quote included these too?? Sounds v cheap if thats the case..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Do-more wrote:
    Cost me €5,750 labour only.

I paid the plumber €5,750 cash!

I supplied all the materials (from Heat Merchants) My bill for materials was about €6,000 inc. vat.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

hmmm.. most plumbers dont supply the toilets/handbasins/showers/baths as part of the price though .. so they?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

quotes will generally include standard white fittings for all bathrooms/toilets (exluding electric shower)

When you read standard it means STANDARD, usually the cheapest crap he can find for example a suite (3 piece) for 300 euro. If you want something nicer he allows you that much and you pay the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The labour shouldn't cost you much more than 5K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Similar setup to the original post with 16 rads instead of 10 and it cost me 3,500 euro for labour about 3 years ago..

Advertisement