Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cement splashes on my paintwork!

Options
  • 14-09-2006 6:26pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was washing my car the other day, its was pretty dusty and dirty. I notied a lot of small spots that were tough to scrub off, I though they were the usual tar spots you get, but when I hosed off the suds I noticed that the front and side of my car was covered in tiny splash marks. On closed inspection it looks like cement. They are little raised bumps and very difficult to scrach off. I'm well P1ssed.

I don't want to attempt anything silly trying to clean it and mess it up, but can anyone recommend something that might work? Or should I just take the hit and get a professional to do it. Can anyone recommend someone?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd try a petrol soaked rag and some very gentle rubbing. Don't blame me if it goes horribly worng.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I heard before either here or on another forum that ice cubes were the best thing to use, i think the metal contracts quicker than that concrete and it should the lose it's grip and fall off. Just place some in a bag over the concrete for about 5 minutes and it should come off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah yep thats makes sense, it should crack and lift.

Mike.

Advertisement