Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parrot Bluetooth kit

• 14-09-2006 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a Parrot CK3000 http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=120562
    for a Ford Mondeo to use with a Nokia 6110i. The phone is quite old so will it be compatible? Has anyone got an info whether this kit is good or bad? Just want something simple for my pops seeing as the new laws came into force and he won't put a regular kit in as he won't put holes in the dash/trim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

It should work with any Bluetooth phone.

I have the CK3100 and can highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Cheers for the reply Phoenix. Did you install it yourself? I'm just curious as to how it works with the speakers. Does it mute your stereo and then usese your stereos speakers? The plan is to get it for my dads car and then if I like it I'll get the 3100 for my owncar. Getting really sick of my nokia kit, second one I've had and constantly have problems with it connecting and also charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

A Nokia 6110i? No such phone
    Do you mean a 6110? Maybe a 6610i? Neither have bluetooth so cannot be used with this kit

Woops, I meant the 6210. I better double check to be sure it has bluetooth. Going by this it has though. http://www.nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,37025,00.html

Well actually the 6210 doesnt have Bluetooth either. That Australian Nokia site says it has which is very confusing. Check the UK site http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,8764,18784,00.html but it definitely does not have Bluetooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

FX Meister wrote:
    Woops, I meant the 6210. I better double check to be sure it has bluetooth. Going by this it has though. http://www.nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,37025,00.html

6210 does not have bluetooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I got it installed professionally as I wanted all the wires to be run and hidden properly. It was well worth it in my opinion.

The kit comes with a mute cable, so when connected properly the radio mutes when you make or receive a call and it uses the car's speakers to conduct the call.

Cheers Phoenix. I'll install it myself as I have a bit of experience installing my own stereo/sub/nokia car kit. I reckon it can't be too hard but I've heard an adapter may be needed.

Whist and Skearon, maybe it's a newer version my pops has or something. Took a look in the menu the other day and there is a bluetooth option. I'll try and connect it to mine to make sure it actually works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

I am possibly the worst person in the world when it comes to car audio. I bought a Parrot CK3300 (the one with the GPS receiver). I phoned around and got quotes to install it. They ranged from €80 to €150. I then logged onto the Parrot website and was told that it came with an ISO connection. This meant nothing to me at the time, but I decided to give it a go.

I had to buy a tool to remove the radio from the car. I got this at Halfords for about €6. I pulled out the stereo and at the back was an ISO connection. I unplugged this from the radio, plugged in the Parrot ISO and then plugged the radio ISO into the Parrot ISO. The car kit worked, simple as that!!!

I then ran the cables around the car under the carpet and it took about 30 minutes in total. It was surprisingly easy.

Aha!! If the Bluetotth is on the menu, then you are ok.
    Must be a 6310 or 6310i you have
    The model number will be under the battery
    Best of luck with it anyway

• Advertisement

It's a 6310i, when I activated the blustooth it gave that as the phone name. I'm going to go for the kit. I've got an iso connection on my stereo so I'm going to give it a try and see what it's like then put it in my dads car. Hopefully his stereo has an iso connection, I'll take a look tonight. Thanks for all the help dudes.
    Now all I need to know is do I buy the kit from expansys? Are they the cheapest. Won't buy it in Ireland as I don't want to pay the vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭the_batman

I bought mine on Ebay. Some of the sellers have high postage costs, but there are some really good deals available.

Just one other quick question bat dude, does the power also come from the ISO connector for the parrot unit or do I need to connect that seperately?

Advertisement