Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone unlimited data for €49 question

• 14-09-2006 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Right, the Vodafone unlimited data package - does anyone know if they'll let you just signup to the sim itself and put it in a phone or xda rather than using a data card? I'll proberly ring them up in the morning but if anyone has any experience?

I know in theory you could just take the sim and do that ... but officially? I know O2 won't support it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

That will work fine. I have tested it. Just bear in mind you won't be able to make any calls with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

That will work fine. I have tested it. Just bear in mind you won't be able to make any calls with it.

It works ok, I also seen that vodafone UK have launched a mobile connect usb modem, so this should be good for those with desktops only if it comes over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I know it works - I want to know if it's officially supported? For example, the O2 one is strictly for data cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

It's not officially supported.

The Unlimited data bundle is only available to mobile connect card users.

Urban - If you're using your sim in a phone, would i be right in assuming that it's the same sim you received when signing up with your mobile connect card?

Spank_inferno - The usb modem will be coming out over here in the coming months. The fliers are available from some stores already.

ns06 wrote:
    It's not officially supported.

The Unlimited data bundle is only available to mobile connect card users.

Urban - If you're using your sim in a phone, would i be right in assuming that it's the same sim you received when signing up with your mobile connect card?

Spank_inferno - The usb modem will be coming out over here in the coming months. The fliers are available from some stores already.
    That's what I wanted to know, have sent off an email to customer care but no reply. (I find customer care puts a little more care into their answers if they have to do it in writing :D )

I wish O2/Vodafone would bring out a proper data unlimited, or reasonably priced bundles for use in mobiles / xdas / pdas / etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

To be fair though ciaranfo, the general helpdesk (who i imagine you're referring to) wouldn't know all and everything. They cater for the general public unlike the Data Support team, who pretty much know their stuff where data products are concerned!

ns06 wrote:
    To be fair though ciaranfo, the general helpdesk (who i imagine you're referring to) wouldn't know all and everything. They cater for the general public unlike the Data Support team, who pretty much know their stuff where data products are concerned!
    Some agents, in any deptment, are complete idiots. But yes, there is always those other agents who go above and beyond who balance it all out :)

Advertisement