Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Arena

Options
  • 14-09-2006 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hello just wanderin if anyone in Ireland still plays quake. Ive just installed quake and might give it a bash again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

QuakE1 QW that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Gman, ye old whore! How's it going? CA is completely dead nowadays, but there's still a bit of dm going on. In fact, we're entering a clan solely comprised of Irish people into the EQL this year.

If ever you want a game, just call in to #qw.ie on quakenet. The galwaylan server is at galwaylan.com:27500 (actually I think it's down as I type this, but that shouldn't last long) and I'd be happy to school you for old times' sake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

Hey I remember you kid.
    Guinnessman from UL? Is that right????
    You won't remember me though it's okay......

Yea Im that LPB (unt from UL :)

Glad to see a few people still around that I know. Steven did you get that connection sorted out yet. :P.

Yea I would love some 2v2 wars or 4v4 if we could get the people. I have another mate in my house who is willing to play also. I am totally out of practice so l'll apologise in advance for being utter sh!te :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I have broadband for just over a week now. It took me long enough, didn't it. ;)

2v2 should be no problem, however 4on4 is a rarity around here, but there's always the euro servers if you're craving some large-scale tdm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Wow, you got BB Steve! Now you might get a round or two off me in CA...if I ever played.
    Unfortunately for your CA schooling the real world is a tad busy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Man, Skibbereeno has broadband and I don't. The shame. Congrats... now you have no exuse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

guinnessman, i was spectating you last nite on galwaylan dm6, you were rusty alrite... ill give you a game tomorrow if ure up for it. theres a few of us here in nui galway student villages who cant access port 27500 for galwaylan so we got a linux machine and are setting up qw on port 80... hopefully it'll work, i can see problems though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

gman we miss your q3dm7 skillz. Hows the keyboard?

Yea,

I think ill need to buy a new mouse and computer desk. This wireless mouse is dodgy. And the desk is fairly shaky too and too low down. ALso NTL is crap for pings lately because they have started routing all their traffic through Amsterdam so I will need to switch providers.

Ahh all the old excuses :)

I forgot how expensive quake can be!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

anyone playing quake 3??? is there any irish servers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

Yea,

I think ill need to buy a new mouse and computer desk. This wireless mouse is dodgy. And the desk is fairly shaky too and too low down. ALso NTL is crap for pings lately because they have started routing all their traffic through Amsterdam so I will need to switch providers.

Ahh all the old excuses :)

I forgot how expensive quake can be!!

so gman..... did you get a job outta that piece of crap course in UL?

I was there too unfortunately.

Advertisement